pioneer comp speakers

I have them running off a Pioneer Premier GM-X644 (50Wx4 RMS) and am very satisfied with thim. Very good midbass. Not much info out there on them, so I took a stab in the dark and am very happy. Don't know how they'd sound without my amp, though...

BTW, check them out on eBay...they often sell for about $80-90 in "Buy It Now" auctions, but if you're patient, you can get a great deal on a pair in a regular auction...got mine for $51! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh, and do you have the exact URL of that review?

They generally require more power than a coaxial and a head unit cannot power them properly to sound good. In my opinion components are not worth installing unless you have an amp for them. Otherwise for the money, you are better off with a good set of coaxials. There are exceptions to this rule as there are anything, but component speakers are meant to have more power than a head unit can give.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.