Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto EQ questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

miscrap

I just installed a Pioneer 4100NEX in my 2014 Jeep Patriot. I'm trying to do an Auto EQ using the CD-MC20 microphone. Following the directions in my HU manual, I turned on the ignition to ACC, switched the AV source to OFF, and then got into the Audio settings. The instructions say to touch A-EQ&TA Measurement. My problem is that this setting is greyed out, so I can't press it. To the right it says "Not Measured". Is there something else I need to do to access this setting?

Also, how do I get the screen to go flat so that I can insert the microphone into the jack behind the screen? There are buttons to adjust the screen angle, but they don't allow it to go completely horizontal. The only way I've found so far is to use the CD/DVD button or the SD card button, but that just allows me to insert a CD or SD card.

Thanks for the help!

Figured it out. I had installed a bypass, and remembered reading that the Auto EQ doesn't work with a bypass. I disconnected it and the option became ungreyed. When I chose it the screen went horizontal and said to plug in the microphone. Was able to run the measurement sequence, and am much happier with the sound. Hope this helps someone else!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.