Pioneer Avic-D1 or N2 vs Eclipse AVN5495

Participant count
  • Participant list

YoungProdigy
10+ year member

Anyone know which is a better headunit.

Which has better nav capabilities?

Are they able to be hacked to play while driving?

Any other similar suggestions?

EDIT::: Replace the AVN5495 with the AVN5435

I am leaning towards the D1 but I have heard that people have had trouble with the navigation

I'm in the market for double dins also. I'm leaning towards the kenwood ddx8017 with nav..seems to have the best bang for the buck in my opinion. The eclipse from what I've heard has good eq, but on some cars.. it may not sound good compare to others. from what people told me its more of a head unit for a big aftermarket system. nav is nav.. the pioneer does have some problems, both can be bypassed.. but it seems to be that this series is more than nav than audio. both look like nice units tho. the kenwood to me..seems like ti has audio and good nav..so its a win. the avic-d1 doesn't play dvds.. ( i dont care i don't plan on watching..don't know about you... i don't know what else to tell you. if you have questions i may be able to answer. ive don't a lot of research on double dins.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.