Pioneer avh-x4800bs going active

Participant count
  • Participant list

Timbo74

CarAudio.com Regular
My system is almost complete, I’ve had it up, and running for almost a week now,
I’m running into tuning limitations in standard mode, I just built a custom slot ported enclosure for my 1st gen type r 12, that needs to be tuned to 27hz. My problem is my amps cross over only goes down to 50hz, and in standard mode, the Lp on the hu is also limited to 50hz.
So many members on here have suggested going active, I may as well give it a shot. So I’m thinking about ripping out the xovers tomorrow, soldering the speaker wires up, and re-booting the hu so I can change it to network, and starting over.
I’m running Boston SL60s, off a JL JX400.4d and a 1st gen Alpine type R 12 off a mrv 500.1d...for now at least.
Does anyone have some good starting crossover point suggestions for the tweeter, and the woofer?
Thanks
Tim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.