Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX scrambled screen

Participant count
  • Participant list

jessewhc

CarAudio.com Newbie
Installed 12/2018 and has been working perfectly since. Yesterday when my wife was driving the car she started the car up and the screen came up all scrambled and the buttons don't work. Pulling the fuse didn't fix it and pressing the reset button didn't fix it. Ever see anything like it? I would rather not have to replace it with an equivalent Carplay/Android auto head unit right now.

Still-shot shows the scrambled screen

video doesn't come up as clear but same scrambling is happening.

Had the exact same thing happen to mine. Luckily it was under warranty. You need repairs and even possible the part isn’t available right now with all the shortages. United Radio fixed mine but it will still restart randomly from time to time. Last Pioneer I will own.

Had the exact same thing happen to mine. Luckily it was under warranty. You need repairs and even possible the part isn’t available right now with all the shortages. United Radio fixed mine but it will still restart randomly from time to time. Last Pioneer I will own.

I have a AVH-4000dvd from 2010 that works perfect, However I've had two other newer Pioneers that have already failed when being a couple years old..

I'm done with pioneer too.. Thinking about trying a Sony next time..

OP you can get screens (there is two) from pac parts or even ebay... looks like you need the inner screen not the outer for the touch functions.

Most newer HUs do not have any type of cooling to keep the heat away from the unit, especially when now housed around an abundance of plastic cove that has no ventilation at all. I like to use a unit with a built in fan on back of the HU of which will generally help the unit to stay cooler and last much longer and look for a way to remove some of the plastics behind the unit to release the heat from the unit.

Installed 12/2018 and has been working perfectly since. Yesterday when my wife was driving the car she started the car up and the screen came up all scrambled and the buttons don't work. Pulling the fuse didn't fix it and pressing the reset button didn't fix it. Ever see anything like it? I would rather not have to replace it with an equivalent Carplay/Android auto head unit right now.

Still-shot shows the scrambled screen
View attachment 40366
video doesn't come up as clear but same scrambling is happening.
View attachment 40367
It’s a boot loop. Assuming it’s like the 4400 you have to get to the internal SD card and replace it with one that’s got a working copy of the firmware on it.

I can't get the front face off my unit, eject button doesn't do anything while it's boot looping. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...