Pioneer AVH-P8400BH

GIYF

I got mine open box for like 550 back in October. Don't know if they've changed pricing on it since the new line came up. Sonic and Crutchfield both have it.

Just read here
Benefits of high voltage pre-amp outputs. - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

That higher RCA output voltage probably doesn't reduce noise all that much. probably to a degree but not too much to be concerned with. What do you think about that...
Higher RCA voltage means your amps will be doing less work amplifying the signal. That's why it's always a smart idea to readjust your gains when you replace a HU. Honestly, 4V or higher is where you want to be looking. The Eclipse I'm using right now has 8Vs and I reach my desired power at 1/3 gain (120W to the speakers, 200W to the sub)

Higher RCA voltage means your amps will be doing less work amplifying the signal. That's why it's always a smart idea to readjust your gains when you replace a HU. Honestly, 4V or higher is where you want to be looking. The Eclipse I'm using right now has 8Vs and I reach my desired power at 1/3 gain (120W to the speakers, 200W to the sub)
Are you running the full 120 to those ms62's?

Are you running the full 120 to those ms62's?
On a test tone, sure. But on music, it probably only ever gets up to 100 continuously and, on some electronic tracks, I could see it extending up to 120. Thing is they've gotten considerably more than that in the past without an issue, but I'd prefer to let them live longer which is why I dialed them back down.

Sorry if this is not the correct thread, but I need some help with myheadunit, here is my problem:

I have the AVH-8450BT I updated firmware and bluetooth version for it to work with iPhone 5. I bought and connected the new iPhone 5 interface cable and lightning to vga cable and lightning to usb cable. Appradio mode is working. Now the problem is the bluetooth phone call quality is really bad and voice of the person talking with me keeps breaking up, although they can hear me with no problems. The weird thing is when i first pair the phone and radio together the sound quality is very good but when i turn the ignition key off and then on the radio turns on as usual but bluetooth quality suffers again. To make it work i have to disable then renable bluetooth on my phone then it works for this session until next restart. I also notice bluetooth song streaming also suffers a bit so does appradio mode reaction times, buts its not as bad or unusable like when placing calls. Can you please help me fix it.

Thanks in advance.

i'm having trouble with my radio, iv installed my subs and amp and everything, but my radio isn't giving an rca output, i plugged my friends rca from his radio to my car and my subs worked, is there something I'm not turning on in the hu itself? i sound like a dummy

PLEASE HELP IM GOING CRZY

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied