Pioneer AVH-P8400BH

They took away YouTube on ios6 it's not compatible with app radio Netflix and pandora work
My point is even if you jailbreak your phone on iOS6, you'll still be limited to the apps supported by the official AppRadio app. I'd recommend downgrading back to iOS5 if possible or you'll be severely limited by the AAM feature of this HU.

My point is even if you jailbreak your phone on iOS6, you'll still be limited to the apps supported by the official AppRadio app. I'd recommend downgrading back to iOS5 if possible or you'll be severely limited by the AAM feature of this HU.
whats the benefits/goodies do i get if i run IOS 5 because rite now am not liking my phone and radio cant get either to do what i want, my main propose of getting this radio was for the google maps for the navigation that don't work on IOS 6 call pioneer they said they trying to get a fix :{, netflix work on the HU but don't work in the rear monitors so i brought a rear monitor for nothing on less some one know a way to get around it?i can say the radio is a cool unit but be awesome HU if i can get it to work my way

Looks to me like a compatibility issue. You'll have to wait until Pioneer releases a software update. Also check your App Store and see if there's an update for AppRadio that might include a fix.

The real perk to iOS5 is better compatibility and the use of AppRadio extensions. Not to mention the native Maps app isn't completely effed like it is on iOS6. Teaches you not to be on the upgrade bandwagon looking at what they did to iOS6.

Remember that Advanced App Mode is a relatively new feature and the Video Out is intended for DVD viewing. I recommend in the future that you read the manual for a product before you buy to check for compatibility. Not trying to excuse the lack of this feature, but as with all products, there's a certain degree of buyer beware.

I just read this entire thread and you had me sold.... Until the last page that is. I too upgraded to ios6. Should I not get this HU now? What exactly will I miss out on by having ios6?

Thanks

I just read this entire thread and you had me sold.... Until the last page that is. I too upgraded to ios6. Should I not get this HU now? What exactly will I miss out on by having ios6? Thanks
To me honest the only think u will miss is YouTube everything I used still work like pandora, Netflix Bluetooth audio/phone call

I just read this entire thread and you had me sold.... Until the last page that is. I too upgraded to ios6. Should I not get this HU now? What exactly will I miss out on by having ios6? Thanks
Unfortunately iOS6 will limit you on some capabilities on this hu. I look at Pioneer's site for any answers to your question but all I could really find was what is and isn't compatible with the new iPhone. You will lose video out and that's just the draw with their new lightning connector. No word on if they plan to fix this with a new cable either...

On a different note, I went in and tweaked the eq using one of the rta apps on my phone and the difference is quite impressive. I realized that the auto eq makes more boosts than cuts which resulted in some pretty sharp response for my tweets. Now that my eq is all cuts, it looks much better on the rta with the exception of response at 4KHz. Since the eq jumps straight from 2 to 8k, there's no correcting for that. Still very happy with the way things are working out otherwise. Would still definitely recommend this HU.

I was just wondering, if I put a movie on a iPod and tried to play it on this HU, would it work. Or would I have to format it or something?

Thanks!

So if I had a external hard drive, hooked up to the usb connection. If I tried to play a movie off that it wouldn't work right? Would needed to be formatted to a type of movie that the HU would play?

Thanks!
So if I had a external hard drive, hooked up to the usb connection. If I tried to play a movie off that it wouldn't work right? Would needed to be formatted to a type of movie that the HU would play?
it will have to be converterd to divix and i believe the harddrive will have to be the same speed as a usb

The unit clips at volume 37. Tested with 50hz and 1000hz 0db tones with oscope today. Used sd card, sure its the same with all other sources though.
Interesting. Using a 0db 1khz sine wave on CD mine didn't clip at all. 50hz clipped at 39. Great HU!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies