Pioneer AVH-P8400BH

i want one too since it will run 2 ipods at once!

i like the micro bypass,but i got a 4300dvd and only use a 2 dollar switch,is everyone else too lazy to flip it?

That is definitely a huge bonus. Like I said I've got my iPhone which I can load daily with new stuff and I've got my iPod touch which is loaded with all my "make your jaw drop" material as a permanent fixture in my glove box.

As for the switch? PB bypassing is flat out illegal here in Cali so I wanted something as discreet as possible. Cops here know what they're looking for and I don't need that kind of stress.

On another note, I'm uploading some more photos very soon!

As promised, here's a few:

IMG_0307%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0322%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0321%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0320%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0308%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0309%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0310%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0311%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0312%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0313%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0314%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0315%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0316%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

Here you can see the eject screen. Options are as follows:

1. Eject and insert a CD

2. Eject and insert a SD card

3. Remove faceplate

4. Tilt screen flush to dash (there's about five settings total here for adjusting viewing angle)

5. Tilt screen to face upwards (also about five settings...good for blocking out glare from sunlight)

IMG_0319.JPG

Here's a view of behind the faceplate. You can insert a CD (top), SD card (middle), or the EQ microphone (bottom left). I like that all the supported features mumbo jumbo is behind the faceplate. I don't need the whole world to know I have a Dolby Digital capable deck.

i want one too since it will run 2 ipods at once!
i like the micro bypass,but i got a 4300dvd and only use a 2 dollar switch,is everyone else too lazy to flip it?
No but from my understanding with the way this unit is made you would have to hit that switch twice rather then the convenience of just changing the source and playing.

That's right. You'd have to rock the switch a total of 3 times for simulating PB On, Off, then On again. Which is why the TR7/MicroBypass is really handy. To me, it was worth the 20 bucks just for peace of mind. the 4300 and under are a little cheaper considering they don't need more extensive programming with time delays for each signal.

That's right. You'd have to rock the switch a total of 3 times for simulating PB On, Off, then On again. Which is why the TR7/MicroBypass is really handy. To me, it was worth the 20 bucks just for peace of mind. the 4300 and under are a little cheaper considering they don't need more extensive programming with time delays for each signal.
Yeah what he said^^^^^.

Yeah what he said^^^^^.
Lol sorry for the quasi-engineer speak. I work with electronics all day so it's hard to remember not everyone is in the same line of work.

When I talk about time delays, the HU has to see a small gap in time between ON/OFF/ON and it's normally in the milliseconds. The MB and TR7 simulate these time delays along with the ON/OFF/ON states. For most units, a relay is enough for doing this since most units don't require a time delay. Older units you can even put the PB wire on chassis ground. But Pioneer caught on and programmed the HU to require those gaps between commands which is why we need something a little more advanced. Or a switch if you feel like toggling yourself. It's actually the most futureproof way, just an added hassle which I didn't want.

Lol sorry for the quasi-engineer speak. I work with electronics all day so it's hard to remember not everyone is in the same line of work.
When I talk about time delays, the HU has to see a small gap in time between ON/OFF/ON and it's normally in the milliseconds. The MB and TR7 simulate these time delays along with the ON/OFF/ON states. For most units, a relay is enough for doing this since most units don't require a time delay. Older units you can even put the PB wire on chassis ground. But Pioneer caught on and programmed the HU to require those gaps between commands which is why we need something a little more advanced. Or a switch if you feel like toggling yourself. It's actually the most futureproof way, just an added hassle which I didn't want.
Oh i already know. thats why i had to buy the MB twice i had one from a previous unit and the first time it worked after that it was like the MB was not there. Then a lil while later MB came out with the new one with the double pulse, which mad me happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes, thank you MB...love how it's so tiny I can just zip-tie it to my wiring bundle. Having that CANBUS interface behind the HU doesn't leave much for extra space so everything I can do to size down helps.

Discovered something pretty nifty about the Auto EQ today...

I originally thought that when you applied the Auto EQ it only gave you one curve. What it actually does is remap the EQ curve for all the presets according to your car's environment. I was wondering where all the bass was in a lot of my trance and electronic songs went until I enabled the other curves and BOOM...big difference. Even shifting from Vocal (which it seemed to default to) to Flat was a tremendous improvement.

Still stress-testing this thing. Haven't seen the lag issues others have been having and navigation between AAM and standard iPod mode is pretty seamless.

Still haven't tested Netflix (sorry). I need to get on that.

iOS6 is incompatible with AppRadio extentions right now. Please refer to the avic411 forum for all updates on his software. If you'd like to see what's compatible with your phone, just download the AppRadio app and it will show you what's available.

iOS6 is incompatible with AppRadio extentions right now. Please refer to the avic411 forum for all updates on his software. If you'd like to see what's compatible with your phone, just download the AppRadio app and it will show you what's available.
They took away YouTube on ios6 it's not compatible with app radio Netflix and pandora work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

neo_styles

10+ year member
AKA Pop Twidget
neo_styles
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies