Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

I made my own. I got the 12 v relay at autozone for $6.95. I had extra wire laying around. If your installing it yourself you have to wire to the adaptor for your make anyway. Only a couple more wires to do the bypass. Ground, Green wire (for parking brake) and the amp turn on wire to the relay and it all works.

Just put this unit in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Really like it so far. I was seconds from getting the AppRadio 2 and then read a lot of ugly things about it. Lots of promise with poor execution.

Anyways, I am wondering if there have been any software updates since the unit's release.. and if so, where to find them? Pioneer's site support section just links back to the general sales product page.

Is there a display brightness setting? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Also, I am using the PAC SWI-PS and the CANBUS interface. The steering wheel controls work except the mute function seems to just do an ATT. Can this be changed to do MUTE?

I have the same unit and i was wondering what format i would have to put music videos in order to see them? I know i cant watch them through the usb so i would have to burn them on a dvd. Has anyone done this?

Have you used it with iPhone or Android GPS? Do you have to bypass the parking break to use the GPS from your iPhone or Android?

I will be installing in a 2012 Buick Enclave. I have 2 JL Audio 300/2 amps that I will bridge to run 300 watts through Hertz Milli. I have a JL Audio 250/1 that will drive an 8 inch W7.

Has anyone been having the same issues (no track titles over bluetooth, etc) with the latest upgrade to iOS 6. Also, I haven't bought the converter for the iPhone 5 yet so can anyone confirm any issues there as well?

I've seen on other forums where Pioneer is supposed to be working on a firmware update for this unit to fix the problems. But no timeline has been given of course.

Thanks

I have the AVH-P4400BH, and I really liked it till IOS6 and the iphone 5, now it is broken in many ways, I have the adapter but it only helps a little, no bluetooth control or song info, no Video, I wish they would do something.. I guess I should have kept the old phone and not upgraded to IOS6 and it was all good..

Hey Everyone,

I just bout the AVH-P4400BH and was curious on where to connect the Blue/White wire. I know it says connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control.

Not quite sure where to find this in my car. It's a 2010 Rav4 Limited with the JBL sound system.

This is my first time installing an aftermarket radio so sorry if this is a stupid question

Mike

I have the same issue with bluetooth with my old IPhone 4 on iOS6 and my brand new iPhone 5 with iOS6. I mostly use it via USB anyways, but my girlfriend has an IPHONE 4 and it doesn't stream via bluetooth.

FWIW, here is a firmware update for the deck but I cannot post link since I am too new. Just go to the main Pioneer website, then /PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P4400BH and on the left you will see "firmware & Software".

I am looking at putting this into a 2005 Subaru Legacy that has the bare-ones AM/FM/CD deck.

Are there still good prices to be had for this deck? Any news on the iPod compatibility issues with the new iOS? I have an old gen 4 that should be fine but my daughter has a new iPod Touch 5 that might give fits.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,I just bout the AVH-P4400BH and was curious on where to connect the Blue/White wire. I know it says connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control.

Not quite sure where to find this in my car. It's a 2010 Rav4 Limited with the JBL sound system.

This is my first time installing an aftermarket radio so sorry if this is a stupid question

Mike
You need a special adaptor if you want to use the JBL sound system.

PAC TATO Factory Integration Adapter Install a new car stereo and retain your JBL amp, balance and fade controls, and Synthesis® surround systems (2003-up Toyota and Lexus vehicles) at Crutchfield.com

I had to get a similar one for my son's Jetta.

I know this is old but maybe someone could benefit from this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

doox00

10+ year member
doox00
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views