Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Review of Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
- One USB port - which the iPod cable takes! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif I'm going to try and get a splitter or hub so I can use a flash drive and the iPod cord.

I was wondering if you had hooked up the splitter yet? If so, did you notice any interference/static when playing the ipod? I want to get a splitter and connect my ipod and droid (just to charge, not play music), but audio quality is a priority for me. I'm glad you love the HD...I love mine too!

Good luck....

Welcome to the forum rooster,

I tried using a standard USB hub and it did not like it; it turns out though that you can use the iPod by hooking up a regular USB sync cable to the Pioneer USB extension cord provided with the HU, and you don't need the extra Pioneer iPod cord (at least for everything I've tried). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif So now I just have the extension running to the glovebox and one of my old sync cables in there, which I can just unplug if I want to use the flash drive. Using it this way, the audio quality is actually better than when using the old iPod cord... not enitrely sure why. But I'm not sure if you could get a hub to work; I just use a car charger for my droid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Welcome to the forum rooster,
I tried using a standard USB hub and it did not like it; it turns out though that you can use the iPod by hooking up a regular USB sync cable to the Pioneer USB extension cord provided with the HU, and you don't need the extra Pioneer iPod cord (at least for everything I've tried). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif So now I just have the extension running to the glovebox and one of my old sync cables in there, which I can just unplug if I want to use the flash drive. Using it this way, the audio quality is actually better than when using the old iPod cord... not enitrely sure why. But I'm not sure if you could get a hub to work; I just use a car charger for my droid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

thanks for the quick reply and for welcoming me to the forum!

-rooster

Yeah man I just saw your thread - I'm sorry I wish I could help but I do not own the Bluetooth module. You might try e-mailing Pioneer in the meantime if it seems like a hardware issue - they seem to be better than most in terms of responding to questions.

Nice review/help-thread, Heel. I'm about to pick up one of these for my Silverado, but I'm waiting until I have an alarm and tint installed. The 4300 sounds like it's one of the best non-nav DVD units out there from what I've read so I'm pretty excited. I'm gonna be teaming mine up with JBL W608GTi MkII components and two JBL W15GTis powered by two JL 1000/1s. I'm still deciding on an amp for the front though. Keep up the greatness.

- Jim

Hey, I'm having the same issue as one of the other guys that posted previously.

I'm trying to play video from my Iphone4 which works, but like he said, there's a second or 2 delay on the audio. Maybe its the cable I'm running it through? I'll have to dig out my receipt and see what the model number is. Anyone else have this problem or any solutions? I emailed Pioneer almost a week ago, so hopefully I'll get something back soon.

For video you need to special cable (which I believe has a plug AND a headphone jack) Any ipod cord will work for audio and crap but video needs to recommended one.

This HU is freaking AWESOME! I spent a while looking up which one to get and I decided to get this one. I've had for a few months now and I absolutely love it.

Only problem I have is some songs don't fully display the name.

However I hooked up an N64 to this thing and I play super smash bros everytime I'm sitting anywhere for more than five minutes lol. Just threw it under my seat ran the cords threw the glove box and bam, n64 whenever I want lol. Flip it to av source, turn it on and start gaming.

I just purchased the GPS add on, waiting for it in the mail. I'll try to remember to get on and share my thoughts on the GPS add on

Sorry for the long awayness XD glad you guys found the review helpful.

Rookie - you did indeed ground ALL the RCAs on the back? mine worked with just the fronts, but try them all. If this does not work, it may be a separate issue. Ensure all grounds are done correctly, etc.

Glad you got the N64 working Opiate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif still have yet to hook up the lil PS2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

i have a quick question to all the users that have the double din. i know the double din has an 8band eq, SHOULD I ADD A CLARION EQ or is that just too much??

A few things:

DVDs are 480P, not 720.

That aside, I didn't like that it didn't have a provision for a power antenna of all things. I had to add a switch for that, which wasn't a huge deal.

The rest of the unit, I'm happy with now that I built a TRRS splitter using solder type connectors. So that I can use an 3.5 audio source AND the iPod video cable. I also ran the USB extension that comes with it into my ash tray for use with flash drives, I just disconnect the iPod cable from it.

As for using a USB splitter to charge your phone and at the same time as using an iPod, it'd be a bad idea, as that USB port probably only outputs 5V and 500ma exactly (I will check later) which will be enough to charge one device at a time.

hey guys first post on this forum, im about to order the avh-p4300 but was wondering if anyone knew if it was droid compatible as far as the app mode goes? i heard you dont need to buy the extra nav bs when you have your iphone nav going thru app mode and wondered if this was the case with my evo 4g.. its not a big deal breaker for me but i the only thing ive read thus far regarding droids was that the 4200 didnt work with some peoples... any ideas please an thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heeltoeclutch

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Heeltoeclutch
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies