Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

I just have the regular ipod sync cable. i run flash drives, never tried the sd card lol.

i only notice a drop in sq with the xm but thats nothing new

That's what I wanted to do but when I tried my ITunes music videos and movie of the SD, it would just skip them, how can we view our videos/movies of a SD card if ITunes blocks them.

Hey I just got this headunit today and installed it, and I love it but I have 2 questions about it. 1 Why does my usb thumb drive go sooo slow? It takes about 15 seconds for it to read when i first turn the headunit on. This same drive was insanely fast with my old headunit, Pioneer deh-p4200ub. (great headunit just wanted an upgrade). My other question is why does it only show album art when you are using an ipod?

Sounds like either your USB port or cable is defective, have you tried to connect your drive directly to the port? I haven't had any issues with mine and do see all the info from my IPod/ITouch. Might just need a firmware update but good luck getting in touch with Pioneer, sent them an email a week ago and haven't heard back from them as of yet!! Pretty sad customer service

It does show all the info and run flawlessly when hooked up to my ipod touch, what im saying is when I hook it up to my usb thumb drive it is slow and doesnt show any album art.

Ok! With that info then is can be the drive itself since your ITouch is working fine. It was slow(10-15 sec) to react when I used my SD card so it can be the radio itself.

Mmkay-

rbtrucking: As far as I know, it will only display album art when being used with the iPod. It needs to read a JPEG file of the album art to display it, and I'm guessing that's not even on your flash drive... I suppose you could try putting it into the same folder but I doubt the HU would know how to reference it.

Also, my flash drive is EXTREMELY slow to read, but I'm pretty sure that is because all the music I own is on it and there are like 122 folders or something. My gf has the EXACT same flash drive (we bought them at the same time) and yesterday hers was reading probably 15 times faster than mine, and hers had A LOT less stuff on it (just a few movies for watching on the way back from NY) The SD card on mine is unbelievably fast and is like 12 GB full right now.

pickup1: The remote does not do everything... It controls basic functions while in play and stuff. I will experiment with it more on the way home from work this evening and let you know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I am now using the sync cable instead of the optional iPod cable. YAY my USB and AUX ports are now free! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thank you Mr. Nate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to display photos on the headunit? I tried putting some jpegs on a sd card and they dont show up. I tried putting them in a folder called pictures, then I tried putting it loose neither worked. Any ideas?

I haven't tried this, but I've been meaning to for forever. I know you can change your background and I believe make a slideshow? Not 100% on that one. I will try to do it as soon as possible.

And I will post a pic of the remote tomorrow pickup1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heeltoeclutch

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Heeltoeclutch
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies