pioneer 860 quirks

pwnt by pat
10+ year member

Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!
Pa
Well, I got my 860 the other day, installed it this after noon. I am very pleased. There are, however, a couple of things I've noticed that bug me.

1) The background will switch between black and white every 10 or so seconds. Is there a way to turn the switching of colors off that I just missed? I want it to stay black, white is annoying.

2) When I turn the car off, the face plate motorizes itself into the down and unlocked position like the CD is going to pop out. It doesn't though, and like 15 seconds later, the face plate goes back up. I'm not quite sure why this happens but it's not doing any harm... Is there a way to make it stop?

3) The right button feels really weak, no biggy.

kthx, time to read the manual... heh

Well, I got my 860 the other day, installed it this after noon. I am very pleased. There are, however, a couple of things I've noticed that bug me.
1) The background will switch between black and white every 10 or so seconds. Is there a way to turn the switching of colors off that I just missed? I want it to stay black, white is annoying.

2) When I turn the car off, the face plate motorizes itself into the down and unlocked position like the CD is going to pop out. It doesn't though, and like 15 seconds later, the face plate goes back up. I'm not quite sure why this happens but it's not doing any harm... Is there a way to make it stop?

3) The right button feels really weak, no biggy.

kthx, time to read the manual... heh

it would be best to read the manual before posting. it's in function somewhere how to stop it from opening and beeping when you shut the car off. it's not broke or anything. mine also changes colors like that as well. i just never bothered with it.

1. When you turn it off, i think its button three to shut the reverse mode off.

2. Thats so when you get out of the car, you can take the faceplate off.

3. Weak? Meh, it spins and goes left and right and up and down and in, how stiff do you want it?

Yeah, I figured that... Found it while on the toilet. haha

They were both on the same page too...

Reading the Manual - 1

Pat - 0

Yeah, I figured that... Found it while on the toilet. haha
They were both on the same page too...

Reading the Manual - 1

Pat - 0

don't see too many people lock themselves in a bathroom with a cd player manual. but anyways that thing can come in handy sometimes can't it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.