Pioneer 860/8600 or 960/9600? What's the difference?

Not trying to be mean... but if you did a search I'm sure you would have found the info you needed.

I'll try to help ya out. There have been quite a few different theads in the past month about both models. A real quick difference I can tell ya is that the 860/960 will have a higher pre-amp output. I know for sure that the 960 has an output of 6.5V (because I have that model) . I believe the 8600/9600 both have an output of 4.0v. What does this mean to you? If you do go with the headunit that has a higher output you will get a better sound and clarity throughout your speakers. (Of course your Rca's should be a good kind and shouldn't run near any power/ground wire I believe.)

Of course there is also the looks of the headunit.... you should go with the one you like the most, b/c after all it will be "your" deck.

I believe that you can get the 960 on ebay for about $350? I think that's the price that Apoc paided. That's not bad considering the unit is suppsed to retail somewhere int he 599.99 and up range. The 860 is a little cheaper, just b/c it's not Pioneer's top of the line deck before they get to the in-dash screens and all.

Oh yea.. try shopping.com they search through different internet stores and give you the best prices of like 20 some stores.

Not trying to be mean... but if you did a search I'm sure you would have found the info you needed. .
Maybe I should have been more clear. I'm trying to find out the differences between the 860(0) and 960(0). I understand the differences between the 860 and 8600 and the 960 and 9600.

I'm wondering if the sound quality is different between them or are there different settings or what? By looking at the website and pics all I can tell is the 960 seems to have a different look and some different screen savers. Is that it? If that's the case I'm going with the 860 or 8600.

^^from what i know, that is the only difference....as far as performance, they seem to be identical

i looked at the website, and the specs seem exactly the same

Maybe I should have been more clear. I'm trying to find out the differences between the 860(0) and 960(0). I understand the differences between the 860 and 8600 and the 960 and 9600.
I'm wondering if the sound quality is different between them or are there different settings or what? By looking at the website and pics all I can tell is the 960 seems to have a different look and some different screen savers. Is that it? If that's the case I'm going with the 860 or 8600.

the only difference between the 8600 and 9600 is looks. i would suggest getting the 8600 because i have read some threads where people have had problems with the fold down faceplate breaking.

9600 has the double motorized system. It has the cool factor but I am a firm believer in more moving parts=more possible problems. Other than that according to specs they are the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.