* Pioneer 80PRS Review *

still haven't installed mine..how user friendly is it to setup the ta/crossovers/eq
its honestly not.....that friendly......it took me a good 4 hours to figure out how to set a radio station.....***** there is no paper manual so i had to download it on my phone and just keep it open........once you get the hang of TA tho everything else just falls into place....

make sure on the top of the decks chassis you select NW and L for the rcas

I got the cd that came with it and read through the manual a few times, but it still seems complicated. Guess I just need to put it in and start messing with it

auto TA with the mic is painless. Manually setting it is contrived a bit.

Deck is by far the clearest thing I've ever heard, and papermaker, there is no lack in the highs on this one.

I wanted one before it came out. Then the first day it came out, we put one in my friends car. Its a pretty nice radio but I hate the way it looks. The knob is huge and the face looks and feels cheap like something youd see from an off brand radio. It looks a whole lot better off the computer than it does in real life. lol... I dont know if I wanna upgrade from my pioneer 860 to it. I do want those extra features but I love the way my 860 looks way more.

I wouldnt give it an 8/10 on looks, it should be more like 6/10. Everything else seems pretty accurate.

The only thing good about this deck is the 15 band Eq I hate the twist knob its not that responsive cranking up a deck to 59 is a pain it goes to 62 but 59 is where I like it the Bluetooth streaming is great haven't seen too many single dins do that yet unless my cda 117 was very out dated

The only thing good about this deck is the 15 band Eq I hate the twist knob its not that responsive cranking up a deck to 59 is a pain it goes to 62 but 59 is where I like it the Bluetooth streaming is great haven't seen too many single dins do that yet unless my cda 117 was very out dated
I know every deck is different, but my old 4300 was distorting at 59. 58 was the loudest clean signal out of it. Haven't scoped this particular deck yet, but I set everything based on a 58 max again. Just an FYI. Remote makes short work of 15-20 clicks, dial isn't even necessary.

ya its some what a pain to lower the volume when its up high just wish there was a quick mute button....but still the sound it puts out makes me forget about all the small nit picking

that's one thing I like on my x993...the remote has a button that instantly lowers the volume(not quite mute)

And I really like the way this one looks

that's one thing I like on my x993...the remote has a button that instantly lowers the volume(not quite mute)
And I really like the way this one looks
there is a pause button on the remote i can use to pause...gonna get some velcro later to mount the remote to my dash

I wanted one before it came out. Then the first day it came out, we put one in my friends car. Its a pretty nice radio but I hate the way it looks. The knob is huge and the face looks and feels cheap like something youd see from an off brand radio. It looks a whole lot better off the computer than it does in real life. lol... I dont know if I wanna upgrade from my pioneer 860 to it. I do want those extra features but I love the way my 860 looks way more.
I wouldnt give it an 8/10 on looks, it should be more like 6/10. Everything else seems pretty accurate.
doesn't feel that cheap to me...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Imtjnotu

5,000+ posts
Me Gusta Edition
Imtjnotu
San Diego CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied