pioneer 80prs Professional help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

tekin

I have the following equipment but I am so lost with tuning it to perform even to a acceptable level.

PROBLEM

is that at low volume it is ok (below 15)

at level 35 the tweeters are ear piercing

how do I control this and am I suppose to use the NW or STD mode with the following equipment

pioneer 80prs

front staging all in one door pod

Amp= Jl Audio HD600/4

tweeter

4inch both connected to passive crossovers via channel 1/2

6inch hooked to amp channel 3/4

Amp=Jl Audio hd750/1

2nd am is running 1 12 inch alpine shallow sub

I have the following equipment but I am so lost with tuning it to perform even to a acceptable level.
PROBLEM

is that at low volume it is ok (below 15)

at level 35 the tweeters are ear piercing

how do I control this and am I suppose to use the NW or STD mode with the following equipment

pioneer 80prs

front staging all in one door pod

Amp= Jl Audio HD600/4

tweeter

4inch both connected to passive crossovers via channel 1/2

6inch hooked to amp channel 3/4

Amp=Jl Audio hd750/1

2nd am is running 1 12 inch alpine shallow sub
there's a switch on the bottom of the head unit that activates network mode, turn that on.

Get rid of the passive crossover and unhook the 4 inch for now, you cannot do 3 way active front with the 80 prs. the 4 will just get in the way and make things utterly worse.

turn off your mid, start with your tweeter, and set high pass filter around 3.5k to start and set your 6.5 to around the same as well.

Then gain match your amp aka lower the gain on both of them to a minimum, set the volume to 50 or so then turn the gain up on the 4 channels and subwoofer till they get to a proper listening level.

Adjust different crossover points till you find the best sounding points

Time align the mids and tweeters

Then play with the EQ for a few hours.

ok I was just trying to do this with the equipment that I already have hooked up and how can I run the tweeters to the amp with that much power to them as they will blow and also is there any other option please

ok I was just trying to do this with the equipment that I already have hooked up and how can I run the tweeters to the amp with that much power to them as they will blow and also is there any other option please
just because your amp does X amounts of power doesnt mean you have to use all of it. There's a gain setting for that and you can directly control how much power is given to the tweeter via head unit settings and amp gain settings. Its way better than how you have it setup atm. You have a lot of beaming going on with crossover overlaps which is causing horrible sound.

ok I understand that but would putting a DSP into the equation solve the issue something like the masconi 6to8
yes it would, you would have band pass crossover capabiltiy to control the midbass 6.5, midrange 4" and tweeter but you'll need a small 2 channel amp for the tweeter, you need 6 channels of amplification with a 3 way front setup.

Not to mention you can time align and EQ each of them properly to get the best soundstage along with better EQ controls.

nope cant add another amp no room, but in that case if I have to add a amp then I might as will let the deck control the 2 speakers rather than going through and adding a processor and amp, it does not make sense right, but there has to be a way to run it as is

nope cant add another amp no room, but in that case if I have to add a amp then I might as will let the deck control the 2 speakers rather than going through and adding a processor and amp, it does not make sense right, but there has to be a way to run it as is
you dont have the processing to properly crossover or time align the drivers as is so there's no other way. I'm assuming sound quality is the goal and if you try to run a 3 way front stage without proper active crossovers with individual amps for mid, midbass and tweeter, its not gonna work out whatsoever if you want the best sound.

However if you just want your speaker to make noise and not deal with it properly, just lower your channel 1 and 2 gains, its too high. So you balance your tweeter volume to your 6.5 volume.

ok here is one more thing I have a old school Sony XEC1000 electronic crossover, would that help me or would that defeat the 80prs features
Basically if you want the quick easy fix change the tweeter setting on the cross over to -3 it will tame the tweeters either that our turn down channels 1-2 on the amp your tweeters are getting too much power currently you need to cut the power to tame them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.