Pioneer 760 Watt GM-5100T with 2 Kicker Comp 12" Subs

wassupmane

I just bought a new amp for my Kicker comp subs, and there not working the way they should. I used to have a Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, but I didn't think that was a good enough amp for my 2 Kicker Comp 12" subs. Now after hooking my new amp, the Pioneer GM-5100T 760 Watt Amp, my subs cut out after I get to half my volume level. I put my gain all the way to test it, and when I get to level 15 volume on my system, my subs cut out. My max volume level is 32, so its not running half the power. My subs are run parallel to a 2ohm circuit, so should i separate those? Could that be the problem? What could be the problem? Any help would be great. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.

I just bought a new amp for my Kicker comp subs, and there not working the way they should. I used to have a Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, but I didn't think that was a good enough amp for my 2 Kicker Comp 12" subs. Now after hooking my new amp, the Pioneer GM-5100T 760 Watt Amp, my subs cut out after I get to half my volume level. I put my gain all the way to test it, and when I get to level 15 volume on my system, my subs cut out. My max volume level is 32, so its not running half the power. My subs are run parallel to a 2ohm circuit, so should i separate those? Could that be the problem? What could be the problem? Any help would be great. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks.
I have the same amp and it used to do that to me too, but what you do is rewire the subs to where they are not bridged. so yes you need to wire them separate, then you will be able to listen to them however you like. like I said mine used to do the same thing, it would piss me off so bad, but one day i just tried it and it was great! i have not bridged my system since.

its not stable at 2 ohms bridged just on seperate channels and you're only going to get 320 watt max rms out of that amp give or take a few watts. yea it says 390X1 at 4ohm but its overated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.