Pioneer 710BT and GEX-P20HD

Participant count
  • Participant list

cstallins

CA
I just installed the Pioneer Premier 710BT head unit and P20HD tuner. After searching through both owners manuals, then searching online, then talking with Crutchfield....I can find zero information on how to preset the multicast channels that I'm receiving with my new tuner. Said simply, I'd like to be able to turn on the unit, select band FM-1, for example, and select any of the six preset channels so that it always goes to the same (channel? stream? multicast?) whatever-it's called. The situation now is that, after I finally find a station playing music I enjoy, I can click away to a new station, then return to the one I like -- and it's playing something completely different than what it was playing five seconds earlier. In order to get back to the (stream?) I was enjoying, I have to click away, then return...then click away, then return...sometimes three or four times before I receive the multicast channel I like. I gotta believe there's a way to preset the FM frequency AND the multicast stream. Please don't tell me I spent a hundred dollars for a tuner that makes me first find a station I like, then click back and forth to receive the multicast channel I want. That is ridiculous.

Related query:

Can a guy program into the tuner the frequencies/multicast channels he *does not* want to ever hear? It's a simple button on my TV remote...is there something similar for this radio turner? Again -- I can find no information anywhere on this very simple feature.

Thank you all very much for your time.

Curtis

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.