Pioneer 3200dvd PROBLEM!!!!!! helpppppppp meeeeeee...im soooooo angryyyyyyyyy with it

Zeepian
10+ year member

SCS, MI
i just installed the pioneer 3200dvd and it is the greatest unit ive ever had. anybody who has this knows how you have to bypass it with a switch or relay..i have it up to a switch

a couple of days after the install...when i was driving i turned it up and the sound just clipped out and off....now i got no sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

this is really irrating cuz this thing is brand new...what would cause this?

should i look at the fuse resistors? can i change them/get rid of them?

everything works on the unit...just when i start the car when it comes on it makes one clippy noise and thats it....no more sound...

any ideass?

Well is there any amplifiers in the car?

Your unit turns on ok and its just sound that is missing?

Look at the fuse box of your car - most likely. And at the back of the unit, there might be a fuse as well.

no amplifier except the stock....and yea the sound just doesnt work...i put my old radio in and sound works fine...

the back of the unit has one 10 amp fuse that the unit wouldnt turn on if it blew...

but it has 3 different wires with fuse resistors on them..one on the power...one on the dimmer....and one on the purple one...which i think has to do with it....its i think rear speakers...?

but why wouldnt the other speakers just play?

maybe if i cut that out and just run wire without the resistor something will happen?

now i tried to put my old radio back in, and the same thing happened. so i hoping its the harness...i just got one off ebay for 5 buckssss....

hopefully when it comes that will solve the problem...

but then again that'd be toooooooo easyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well there is possibility your blue wire for amplifier is out.If amp is not on it will not direct sound anywhere.
He said he doesnt have an amp, running it off the headunit

now i tried to put my old radio back in, and the same thing happened. so i hoping its the harness...i just got one off ebay for 5 buckssss....
hopefully when it comes that will solve the problem...

but then again that'd be toooooooo easyyyyyyyyyyyy
Might be the harness, sound to me more like a short somewhere, check your ground/hots, preferably with a DMM, could check the harness with that too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.