Pio Premier HU Quality

jdavis37
10+ year member

NC
I"m planning on buying an Alpine 9835 as early as today but have been taking note of some of the upper end Pioneer Premier head units. Few things that matter to me:

Ability to customize the colors, etc Desire the uit to match my 2000 Passat dash somewhat closely

Ability to turn off the "garbage" as I call it.. motion video, screen savers etc I want mainly display text, etc, no funky graphics ( Im 42 can ya tell? lol )

Good SQ.. will be running Arc amps, etc so SQ is important.

Any informatin is appreciated and comparisons to the Alpine are also appreciated. Thx

john, i think the premier's with the 6.5v/100ohm outs and burr brown DAC's are your best bet- I also like their 13band graphic - IMO just offers 'more' than the Alpine offerings

you also want xm compatability, correct?

:stuck:

haha i HAD to ask didnt I lol

Yes to XM but Sirius is also ok.. the Alpine Sirius add on is done and shipping so am ok with that.

Dashboard lighting is also something that matters to me... anal retentive yes but nonetheless just like a consistent look. Had Nakamichi ever come out with their CD-500 deck, we wouldn't be having this chat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The 1 bit DAC of the 9835 does concern me though perhaps that is anal, 2. Maybe in a car it isn't that significant compared to home.

Any VW Passat owners using the Pio Premiers feel free to chime in regarding the dashboard lighting aspect!

I'm afraid to ask if the higher end Clarions which also have 24 bit DACs are worth anything..... if only I could tame the 9255 lol

Thx for the comments.. any perspective is good because it may shed some light on this! Am ready to buy NOW lol

PS Manny thx as always //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I couldnt do this without ya !! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

i have an 860mp premier and i love it. real nice controls and good feel to it. over all its a real nice headunit. as for dislay colors,i dont know. the display is bright but it dosent display all colors ( ie green, and some other bright colors) go to pioneer's site and download that display customizer and you can see what colors and put diff pics on there and see what they look like. i only paid 280+ shipping for my 860 from finest deals and it has worked fine

i have an 860mp premier and i love it. real nice controls and good feel to it. over all its a real nice headunit. as for dislay colors,i dont know. the display is bright but it dosent display all colors ( ie green, and some other bright colors) go to pioneer's site and download that display customizer and you can see what colors and put diff pics on there and see what they look like. i only paid 280+ shipping for my 860 from finest deals and it has worked fine
Great price! finestdeals.com? I'll try that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.