WOLFRAM FTW
5,000+ posts
NC

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
WA
thats alot of box for either of those subs.. pretty good subs around for under $200. i've wondered what the pi sound like myself but if thats all u looking at u should get pioneer 3003 pro $80 i'm sure it's a better sub and more efficient too rated at 600rms but i ran over 900 to mine for months no problem most of us over power by a few hundred watts set gain tad low to get clean power..
IF you would read up on t-lines and I know Jeff has even provided you links to some of them for your reading purposes, they would tell you that t-lines take up a lot of internal area because of the length of the port. They're gonna be bigger than your normal sealed/ported boxes........only downfall of t-lines.

THATpurpleKUSH

Fuckyou
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Not all subs are designed to work in a t line box.

The PPI P.12 has a qts below .4 and qms below 7 so it should work just fine in a t line.

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
5,000+ posts
NC
IF you would read up on t-lines and I know Jeff has even provided you links to some of them for your reading purposes, they would tell you that t-lines take up a lot of internal area because of the length of the port. They're gonna be bigger than your normal sealed/ported boxes........only downfall of t-lines.
i understand that i just meant lot of work for lower subs..

Boomin_tahoe

5,000+ posts
10+ year member
WA
i understand that i just meant lot of work for lower subs..
How is it a lot of work? It's just a few more pieces added in the enclosure build process vs a ported enclosure.

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
5,000+ posts
NC
How is it a lot of work? It's just a few more pieces added in the enclosure build process vs a ported enclosure.
with windows and all for a 200 watt 12..

Boomin_tahoe

5,000+ posts
10+ year member
WA
with windows and all for a 200 watt 12..
So? To us, it's easy to do because we've done it before, many times over.

OP
moparnut

moparnut

Wagoner, OK
Was it a lot of work, yes. Was it worth it, absolutely. I mainly wanted to try something different and that I did. The JL performs very well and from what I can tell the PPI will do even better. Plus I've always liked see through boxes.

Boomin_tahoe

5,000+ posts
10+ year member
WA
Yeah, it ain't my first rodeo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I missed building them
That one I built was my 1st....thanks to CSCStang for the design. Gramps mad cuz he didn't win the mat giveaway.

OP
moparnut

moparnut

Wagoner, OK
That one I built was my 1st....thanks to CSCStang for the design. Gramps mad cuz he didn't win the mat giveaway.
I just knew I had won it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That was my first box build in 20 years.

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
5,000+ posts
NC
yep:furious:

BOOMINGRANDPA

WOLFRAM FTW
5,000+ posts
NC
Was it a lot of work, yes. Was it worth it, absolutely. I mainly wanted to try something different and that I did. The JL performs very well and from what I can tell the PPI will do even better. Plus I've always liked see through boxes.
well good luck with it..

Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 2 years.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BOOMINGRANDPA

Latest threads