*PICS* 15" AudioPulse Axis by TC Sounds - please verify tuning, THANKS!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SHiZNiLTi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
From doing my research on ca.com it looks like this 15" sub performs awesome in 3.0-3.5 cuft with 65-70 sq.in. of port area tuned 30-34hz.

I want to stay close to that as possible.

3.4 cuft @ 32hz w/ 66 sq.in. of port area...

32" width x 13.5" height x 26" deep

Port is 5.5" wide x 12" tall = 66 sq.in. of port area

It's an L shape port, inner wall goes back 19.75" and over 18"

Sub will be mounted on top of the box.

I used RE BOX CALC to get these numbers, I think actual tuning will be higher and box volume will be lower from what others have told me about the RE CALC.

3esd.jpg

This box is going into the trunk of my CC...

tk5l.jpg

Gonna hafta adjust my coilovers once this box goes in, bet I'll be tucking tire...

OI3Hpwf.jpg

I'm powering this sub with a Hifonics bxi2008D @ 1ohm (~2krms), Kinetic HC2400, 140amp alt and Kicker 0ga wiring.

Can someone please verify my numbers and let me know what you come up with.

Thanks!!!

Just downloaded it, 1st time using this. Did I do everything correct.

Questions I have w/ Torres...

Was 2 common port walls correct?

What's the correct port length I should input, what determines it. I just put in what RE CALC said which is 46.75" is that correct?

Looks like I'm now at 3.10 cuft @ 32hz w/ torres and this is without the sub in the box, so with sub in box what would I be at? 3cuft @ 33hz you think?

4iz2.png

Thanks, I updated it to 3 for common port walls, also I see there's a spot for sub displacement so I put .20 in there.

New results are 3.01cuft @ 32.41hz. This seem perfect, hopefully the numbers are correct.

So this Torres calc is pretty accurate? Been outta caraudio game since 2009. Thanks for input.

ta5q.png

Thanks!

Here's the final build, I looked up the subs XMAX and did some more advanced tuning and reduced the port area a little, here's what I got...

yGWb2k0.jpg

gohAloZ.png

Ccw5iDl.jpg

Nice, that's what my original plan was. Thanks!

Can't wait to get this box built this weekend.

If you guys can think of anything to change on it let me know.

I'm kinda hesitant on the port area, not sure if I need more or not. I know some audiopulse axis 15" users have ran w/ 70sq.in of port @ 3.5 @ 32hz.... Seems like to much iMO.

could try line up the end of the port with middle of the sub cutout.... hope I explained that right lol

there was a guy in my town back in the day that would do this with most of his ported set ups he built ppl.. all sounded good and slammed

16^2in of port per cubic foot should be fine, you shouldn't have any port noise. In the future though just a thought, aero ports are cheap and easier to install (no extra walls, just need to cut an extra circle) plus you can get away with less port area because they are less prone to port noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.