How does this look? *pics*

Participant count
  • Participant list

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
About a week ago I was planning a ported box for two 12s. They called for 2 cubes each, so the box was upwards of 4 cubes. While doable, I decided it would take up too much trunk space, so I went back to the drawing board and came up with a sealed design. My two RF Punch He2s call for 1.25 cubes each, or 2.5 together sealed. This design gives me that with room for sub displacement and fits perfectly in the back of the trunk of the '02 Elantra.

Here's the trunk to give you an idea of the space I'm trying to fill (the "cave" in the back):

tumblr_mwjzlz72Ok1r153evo1_500.jpg

And here's my color-coded cardboard mockup of the planned enclosure. The top will be sealed shut, it's just hinged so you can see inside. There a couple places where it's a little short, but I reworked the design so everything will be flush in the end.

tumblr_mwxv7zvD7r1r153evo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwxv7zvD7r1r153evo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mwxv7zvD7r1r153evo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mwxv7zvD7r1r153evo4_500.jpg

tumblr_mwxv7zvD7r1r153evo5_500.jpg

I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Does it matter if the trunk is less than an inch from it on three sides? I know you need space in front of a port, but is there a similar rule for sealed?

I know with ported angled corners are a no-no, that doesn't apply to sealed, right?

And since this will be my first box, any general tips you could give would be great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.