Picking out my perfect double DIN?

ShiningBuick
10+ year member

NotLoudEnuff
Fargo, ND
Alright, my Christmas present to myself this year is going to be a double DIN for my 1999 Park Avenue.

I'm looking for the following:

-Price range around $400 used

-3 RCA outputs (F, R, and Sub)

-Plays DVDs, Cds, etc, all the usual things played

-Navigation built in (or suggest a unit that's compatible w/ a navigation unit)

-Steering wheel control interface/ or interface unit compatible

-RCA A/V input

-Touchscreen

That's mainly what I want. However, there is more, but I'm not sure what units offer now-days. I'd like these, too, if that's possible

-USB connectivity.. play songs from a flash drive and upload my own wallpapers

-Ability to connect a harddrive full of music

Considering I have no idea where to even start looking, what are some good ones to check out?

For that price you are deffinately looking for a used head unit. The basic DD Pioneer P8000t(?) has 3 4volt RCA Ipod hook up and Bluetooth and thats $300 the next step up is $450 w/ touchscreen

Well poking around the for-sale threads that seemed to be about the most usual price for used DD units. Little more is fine, just as long as I enjoy it!

After some looking it seems like the Pioneed AVIC-F900BT would be a pretty good choice.. I like the features list it's got. As long as I can find a used one in my price range that is.

Anyone had any good luck with this unit? Or any other good suggestions?

Yes, I upgraded to re-painted PA Ultra fenders. Next //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looked at the AVIC D3 a bunch lately.

Anyone have any experience with it?

I might be blind, but I can't find the answers to these questions:

Does it have a video output?

Does is have a video input (specifically for a backup camera)?

Does it have an Aux input (either input on front or RCA inputs on rear)?

Does it work with the Pioneer steering wheel control interface? this --> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Kv9w1E0ONKt/p_127SWIPS/PAC-SWI-PS.html

I think that's it.. if you guys could help me out that'd be great!

D3 doesn't play dvds.. unless you use a video in.. and yes it has video in and out.. but if you want to put in a rear view i don't think you can put in a dvd player as well.. Also.. why do you want a reverse camera for a car.. You too cool to turn around?

Doesn't play DVDs?! Ok, that's out, I don't want to run a dedicated DVD player. I just think a reverse camera is kind of neat, no real need. But at any rate.

I'll go see what the DNX has to offer, thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.