Pick a winner; Hifonics BRZ1200.1D, Soundstream RUB1.1000D, Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Blazer1
10+ year member

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a new amp but I want to make sure I am picking the correct one. I need 800w@2 Ohm or more to power to RE Audio 10's I can not spend over $200.

Here are the contestants;

1.) Soundstream RUB1.1000D - $179.00- (The least powerful of the three but I think it is the best looking of the three, also lots of great reviews for quality.)

2.) Hifonics BRZ1200.1D - $189.00-(The 2nd most powerful of the three but has the most mixed reviews,... just okay looks.)

3.) Audiopipe AP1500.1D - $159.00-( Seems to be a favorite for "budget" power and wins the watts per dollar catagory but comes in last in the looks department,seems to be some concerns on build quality?)

What do you guys think, which one is a winner, any amps I should add to the list? Must be new!!!

I would not be concerned at all with the build quality of the Audiopipe amp. I do not own one of those Hifonics amps so I can't speak on that specifically but I do own an older one and one of these Audiopipes and having taken both of them apart I can say without a doubt that there isn't a huge if any difference in the build quality of these two amplifiers. If anything I feel like the Audiopipe was made with a higher quality circuit board material. The board in the Hifonics amp I have seems very flimsy. The AP is much tougher. On the other end of that though the audiopipe has no screws holding the circuit board into the heatsink. The only thing holding the board into the heatsink is a channel that runs the length of the amp that the board slides into and the transistor clamp downs/fets. It won't go anywhere after the fets are clamped down but I would prefer to see several screws holding the board to the heat sink as well. The Hifonics I have did have screws holding the board to the heatsink. As long as the amp isn't mounted onto a sub box(which it never should be IMO) there should not be a problem and most likely it is probably tough enough anyways. The soldering quality is equal in both. Parts quality is equal in both. The Audiopipe is a solid amp IMO. It's no sundown but if you treat it right I don't see where you can go wrong for the price paid. Hifonics makes a decent product as well though.

BRZ = cea approved...But I like AP's

You won't be able to tell much of a difference between the amps audibly.

Pick whatcha want.
CEA doesnt mean squat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

AP will get the job done, and I think I seen them on ebay for like $140shipped or close to it

The Audiopipe is also CEA-2006 approved so I guess it "passed" some tests or something.

I have the AP30001D and love it, the only down side is it's an Audiopipe, people bash on it all day... I mean I used to bash Audiopipe too until I owned one and realized that it performs just fine.

I guess I can't say it's all that pretty to look at but I've seen a lot worse.

The Audiopipe is also CEA-2006 approved so I guess it "passed" some tests or something.

I have the AP30001D and love it, the only down side is it's an Audiopipe, people bash on it all day... I mean I used to bash Audiopipe too until I owned one and realized that it performs just fine.

I guess I can't say it's all that pretty to look at but I've seen a lot worse.
this happens to many people. lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif AP vote from me.

ap uses a single sided 2 layer PCB

hifonics uses a mil-spec dual sided 8 layer PCB

huge quality dif on the PCB... they also use over 3oz per sq^ on the traces... AP uses less than 1.5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

both do rated pick 1....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.