Pick a HU For Me.

TomBrooklyn
10+ year member

Sony bashing thread on this forum talked me out of my prior purchase decision so now I need to pick out another HU to buy.

It's for an old cargo van I'm going to use to do roofing work.

I was thinking of going with:

- 4 amped speakers. Maybe components up front.

- Powered subwoofer.

- MP3 capable. Will play my homeburnt disks.

- Aux imput for external MP3 player required.

- Good FM reception.

Price point?
The least expensive that will do the job.

I just shopped again and it looks like the Pioneer DEH-P4800 will do it for $139 at Crutchfield (with shipping and Dodge adapter plate.)I have a Dodge and they throw in the adapter plate.)

Maybe I could get some comments on that one? Anyone know if it will play home burnt MP3s good?

The least expensive that will do the job.
I just shopped again and it looks like the Pioneer DEH-P4800 will do it for $139 at Crutchfield. (I have a Dodge and they throw in the adapter plate.)

I just hope it will play all my home burnt MP3 disks.

if your looking to get it on the cheap go to walmart...that way you can check and see if it will play your mp3 discs before you go install it

if your looking to get it on the cheap go to walmart...that way you can check and see if it will play your mp3 discs before you go install it
There are no Walmarts around here and I don't want to get a HU on the cheap.
I am willing to pay as much as it takes to get the features I want, perhaps for some features I don't even know about that someone might suggest, and to get a high quality reliable unit that puts out excellent sound, has the proper controls, and will last for many years.

All I meant above is that I would like to find the best price for a unit that meets those requirements.

There are no Walmarts in NYC. I've never seen a Walmart.

Must be nice.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I wish that were the case here where I live.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.