Photobucket's recent changes to their TOS

llebcire

Iowa
Surely it's gotta violate something w/o warning of some sort. I mean there's millions of people that use it. I haven't read it but I would have to guess. Instead of emailing people about it they just simply pull the plug.

I think they're after more $$.

I remember seeing an email within the last week that Gmail marked as spam and I didn't read it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Any ideas on the scope of the impacts from Photobucket's recent changes to their TOS?
I've been using them to link forum images for 10+ years, and I know I was getting it for free, but this change will disrupt a lot of threads. I would pay something to be able to link as it is a valuable service but not $400 per year.

-Eric

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Yeah, my huge build log has no pictures anymore...

Where in Iowa are you?

Testing imgbb out.

Also, I should have bought all of these while I was at the car show today. Looked on ebay and they're $9+ from China.

IMG_0536.jpg

sweet price on those! I'd want them for grounds but i'd use a fused distro for power.
I was planning to use something like this to isolate my electrical systems. I'm charging the 12v starting battery with the stock alternator. The three other alternators are going to be externally regulated and charge capacitor banks at 15.5-16v. I'm looking for something electrically insulated to mount posts underneath my truck.

my build log photos work but i think i paid for photobucket account premium or something
Yeah, photobucket premium includes the 3rd party hosting

I pay $4 a month and all my photos are still up, so it isn't $400 a year (even though it says on their site they shouldn't). I initially did the pay $4 a month due to some very high traffic sites (Tigerdroppings/secrant) where I post photoshopped stuff and i exceeded my B/W limit within minutes.

Edit again: I don't even see my plan, lol. Plus 20 is mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

llebcire

llebcire
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
My63bug