Photobucket's recent changes to their TOS

llebcire

Nov 4, 2016
Iowa
Any ideas on the scope of the impacts from Photobucket's recent changes to their TOS?

I've been using them to link forum images for 10+ years, and I know I was getting it for free, but this change will disrupt a lot of threads. I would pay something to be able to link as it is a valuable service but not $400 per year.

-Eric

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Surely it's gotta violate something w/o warning of some sort. I mean there's millions of people that use it. I haven't read it but I would have to guess. Instead of emailing people about it they just simply pull the plug.

I think they're after more $$.

OP
L

llebcire

Nov 4, 2016
Iowa
I remember seeing an email within the last week that Gmail marked as spam and I didn't read it.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
My sig picture no worky... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Any ideas on the scope of the impacts from Photobucket's recent changes to their TOS?
I've been using them to link forum images for 10+ years, and I know I was getting it for free, but this change will disrupt a lot of threads. I would pay something to be able to link as it is a valuable service but not $400 per year.

-Eric

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Yeah, my huge build log has no pictures anymore...

Where in Iowa are you?

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Sames. 100's of pics I've posted here no longer work. Complete and unbeleivable bullspit.

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Testing imgbb out.

Also, I should have bought all of these while I was at the car show today. Looked on ebay and they're $9+ from China.

keep_hope_alive

Acoustics Engineer
Premium Member
10+ year member
May 1, 2007
Quad Cities, IL
Testing imgbb out.
Also, I should have bought all of these while I was at the car show today. Looked on ebay and they're $9+ from China.

sweet price on those! I'd want them for grounds but i'd use a fused distro for power.

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
sweet price on those! I'd want them for grounds but i'd use a fused distro for power.
I was planning to use something like this to isolate my electrical systems. I'm charging the 12v starting battery with the stock alternator. The three other alternators are going to be externally regulated and charge capacitor banks at 15.5-16v. I'm looking for something electrically insulated to mount posts underneath my truck.

my build log photos work but i think i paid for photobucket account premium or something
Yeah, photobucket premium includes the 3rd party hosting

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
May 4, 2015
Columbus, GA
I pay $4 a month and all my photos are still up, so it isn't $400 a year (even though it says on their site they shouldn't). I initially did the pay $4 a month due to some very high traffic sites (Tigerdroppings/secrant) where I post photoshopped stuff and i exceeded my B/W limit within minutes.

Edit again: I don't even see my plan, lol. Plus 20 is mine.

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
May 4, 2015
Columbus, GA
testing (well it works on the cheap plan they don't offer anymore, lol. Maybe mine will stop working when they figure it out):

BallzFast

always trading
Dec 19, 2012
salisbury,md
Life just kicks you in the nads every chance it gets. First my normal audio site gets broken and now Photobucket. Guess I'll just delete every pic and vid I have on there.

whitedragon551

10+ year member
Mar 5, 2009
IL
Atleast its really easy to download all of your albums off of their platform to switch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds