Phoenixgolds new 10kw monster

I believe sometime at the end of 2009:p:
Now if I can just find something to do with my x5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
use it to power some of exiles new 15's or 18's.... I like them to make a new version of the X5 in the Xi series. i would 4 of them. but with morgan leaving exile and going to PG maybe that would spark new interest all the way around.

use it to power some of exiles new 15's or 18's.... I like them to make a new version of the X5 in the Xi series. i would 4 of them. but with morgan leaving exile and going to PG maybe that would spark new interest all the way around.
meh.. Its been sitting in the closet for months. I have no use for it. I will probably just sell it.

Its a very good question but I wouldnt expect you to understand if you are really 18. Some of Phoenix Golds best and limited released amplifiers were released before you were into this hobby.
Phoenix Gold in the past has a huge reputation of releasing Limited special Edition amplifiers.

For example.

Son of Frank

Route 66

Any of the Outlaw series.

Orignial Ocatane big boy 2 channel

just to name a few.

I suspect this Beast will be no exception to being limited in numbers.
-

on those you posted i have access to the route 66

yes I am sure it will be limited.....will it sell..? who knows....I am glad they are bringing new life back to the legend......the last 2yrs was crap ...well after the RSD was pure crap....I quit following them after they sold out and changed the name to Ronin..or whatever that was

I owned many old PG amps...miss my Frank and my Bandit.....but I got tired of worrying if my caps were having a melt down ...and my amp guru retired (cecil)

Wow, so are all these amps(PG, Hifonics, AB, Cactus) just the same boards in a different chassis or copies of a single design? If the answer to either of those questions is 'yes', then how can PG claim their's is a new design?

yes I am sure it will be limited.....will it sell..? who knows....I am glad they are bringing new life back to the legend......the last 2yrs was crap ...well after the RSD was pure crap....I quit following them after they sold out and changed the name to Ronin..or whatever that was
I owned many old PG amps...miss my Frank and my Bandit.....but I got tired of worrying if my caps were having a melt down ...and my amp guru retired (cecil)
What? He retired?

Wow, so are all these amps(PG, Hifonics, AB, Cactus) just the same boards in a different chassis or copies of a single design? If the answer to either of those questions is 'yes', then how can PG claim their's is a new design?
ALL Hifonics amps are designed inhouse any amp that has a similar board is a copy of that original USA design.

most companies these days just buy designs and use a zenon board. this new PG is no different.

ALL Hifonics amps are designed inhouse any amp that has a similar board is a copy of that original USA design.most companies these days just buy designs and use a zenon board. this new PG is no different.
Go die ***.

jealous //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif its ok noob **** daddies cawk some more you will feel better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not into spl. Just wondered what the story was with all these amps that appear to be the same design internally. Why hasn't Hifonics sued over copyright or design infringement? Hard to prove or is it just too common?

I knew C had some health issues, and that he's been out a while, but I wasn't aware that he had retired.

The place I know C from there was some issues w/C and another member or two so out of respect C backed out of the site so he's been MIA.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not into spl. Just wondered what the story was with all these amps that appear to be the same design internally. Why hasn't Hifonics sued over copyright or design infringement? Hard to prove or is it just too common?
I am not sure if they have or not. IIRC they did have some legal issues with Zenon but my memory sux. I read about i think on the maxxsonics forum a couple years ago.

I do know that they design all their stuff right here in the USA and anything that has the same board is most likely a zenon knock off.

Zenon is horrible for the industry.

look at the aq2200d and the dsc2000.1d

you will see what i mean. and the dsc board has been around way way longer than the aq board.

someone on here said a reputable amp repair company that is also on here said it is the same board as the gp3k ( which i have idea if thats right or not )

if it is correct then that tells you who was first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I knew C had some health issues, and that he's been out a while, but I wasn't aware that he had retired.
The place I know C from there was some issues w/C and another member or two so out of respect C backed out of the site so he's been MIA.

well he told me he was but that was long time ago ..about 1yr ago....I havnt talked to him much so I dont know what he has been up to...

he knew PG amps like the back of his own hand

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.