Towncar
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
who knows
New 10kw monster enjoy

p98j1eshazvfhi8q45z7_thumb.jpg

http://www.pasmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1470

Morgans comments__

Keep in mind this is a PROTOTYPE we are working hard on. So try not to needle us too much especially cosmetics.

We are finalizing the electrical now. Since the review we have been able to bump the power up even further.

The One will make 11,000 watts rms at 16v @ 1ohm.

Without final specs available, I simply connected the amp to my test bench and ran the numbers. To be fair to the design, in addition to the usual 12.6V and 14.4V tests, I also measured power at 16.0V since that is a big part of the design. And man, this thing has power to spare, at any impedance! It makes more power into a 4 ohm load than most amplifiers do at 1 ohm, and it’s because of amplifiers like this that I had to spend 20 grand on an 900 ampere power supply and 16 kilowatt load bank. Maximum power at 1 ohm at 16 volts was a ridiculous 9419 watts! If you do the math, that means the amps output to the speaker load was over 90 amperes, and over 90 volts. Be careful kids, this thing can hurt you if you’re not careful! And, if you haven’t figured it out yet, wiring your woofers with 16 gauge cable isn’t gonna cut it this time!
not too bad, if the price tag can keep up with some of the similarly rated amps

Maximum power at 1 ohm at 16 volts was a ridiculous 9419 watts!
I'm confused...wouldn't this mean this amp can't even touch 10k? Especially since most systems are only 14.4v...

EDIT: Or was it just the OP that said it was a 10k amp...

Because people like you will want to buy it for 100 bucks....and this is what its not intended for.
no dumbazz..get this..you said how many will be sold...not how much they will sell for..or how many will be made in anticipation of demand...

jessuss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.