PHASS speakers arrived!

XHiFiX
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm excited! Got my brand new PHASS HR comps and CF coaxials today. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'll be installing them this weekend. Just wanted to share some pics so here they are.

Sleek //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

The MW 650Neo woofers.

NT 28C tweeters.

PX 220HG X-overs.

The PHASS CF 6.5 coaxials.

I use to have the alnico comps when the BOOM hit elitecaraudio. Those things cost me some super $ lol.
Yeah those alnicos are super expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif . Way out of my budget. But what did you think of them?

This is my first time using anything by PHASS. I've stuck with CDT's and Rainbows for a long time. Currently using SLC 265's and wasn't planning on getting anything new, but I got such a great deal on the HR's and CF's that I couldn't pass 'em up. Hopefully by the end of today I'll get them installed and see how they compare. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oooo....they have an Australian distributor as well.

***** that said distributor is in the state of Western Australia and nowhere near the city Mrs Prowler lives in...but nice to see they're available at all over there so that might be an option for me once I'm moved...

Yeah those alnicos are super expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif . Way out of my budget. But what did you think of them?
This is my first time using anything by PHASS. I've stuck with CDT's and Rainbows for a long time. Currently using SLC 265's and wasn't planning on getting anything new, but I got such a great deal on the HR's and CF's that I couldn't pass 'em up. Hopefully by the end of today I'll get them installed and see how they compare. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
While they looked sweet they lasted about 2 weeks in my car before i sold them. They just totally where not my style and didnt sound like they where worth $2100 bux lol. At least when i sold them i pretty much broke even //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I didn't even realize Phass was still up and kicking.......

Things were pretty interesting when they hit boner status over on ECA......LOL.....

do you think it was an improvement over your previous Rainbow's?

what rainbows you were running?

I saw this Phass HR retails at $589.95 at speedsound.com, do you think they are worth it? or do you suggest me to get anything else like QSD's or any other comp?

I did read your review, how do you compare Phass to other components that you have hear?

do you think it was an improvement over your previous Rainbow's?what rainbows you were running?

I saw this Phass HR retails at $589.95 at speedsound.com, do you think they are worth it? or do you suggest me to get anything else like QSD's or any other comp?

I did read your review, how do you compare Phass to other components that you have hear?
Switching from my Rainbow SLC's (non-kick version) to the Phass comps wasn't like a night and day difference. IMO, they actually share similar sound characterstics. Both sound natural, lifelike, crisp and detailed. The Rainbow's top-end had more presence whereas the Phass HR's were slightly more laid back. The Phass midbass felt and sounded stronger and "tighter", but it could be attributed to its suspension which is still new and hasn't loosened up yet.

Sound-wise, the difference between the two sets was only slight, but I would say the Phass HR's still have more potential. My SLC's were getting 130w to make them perform optimally. The HR's, even though they sounded great, were being underpowered because of their 8Ohm load on the same amp (Eclipse PA4212).

The HR's are fine, fine speakers, but if you're paying the retail price of $589, I can't recommend them over the Rainbows. I was able to get my set for much, much less and that was the reason I got them. I've been a long time fan of Rainbow and now I'm also a big fan of Phass, but for your money's worth Rainbows would be my pick. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.