Phase adjustment on IA20.1 amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm thinking about picking up an incriminator audio IA20.1 today but looking at the pictures on their website it doesn't look like it has a phase adjustment. It doesn't have a 0-180 knob or a switch so I'm wondering if that means it's not high end. I can't find any info on the subject anywhere online and I've been looking for 4 days now. This is holding me back from buying it and going with the dc audio 2.0 k instead but like I said I didn't know if it was a big deal or not, maybe it diesnt need one idk. Is it still a good quality high end amp? Any of you guys that can help I really appreciate the input. I'll be buying one or the other today so quick replays are desired. Thank you all in advance.

I'm thinking about picking up an incriminator audio IA20.1 today but looking at the pictures on their website it doesn't look like it has a phase adjustment. It doesn't have a 0-180 knob or a switch so I'm wondering if that means it's not high end. I can't find any info on the subject anywhere online and I've been looking for 4 days now. This is holding me back from buying it and going with the dc audio 2.0 k instead but like I said I didn't know if it was a big deal or not, maybe it diesnt need one idk. Is it still a good quality high end amp? Any of you guys that can help I really appreciate the input. I'll be buying one or the other today so quick replays are desired. Thank you all in advance.
I am bias but the IA20.1 is still one of the best 2.5k's on the market , there is no phase adjustment on the 20.1 the only time I have ever used the phase adjustment feature on a mono block amplifier is during the process of gain matching amplifiers, the Incriminator Audio IA 20.1 uses the mirror function that eliminates the need to gain match and phase alignment , as it syncs or mirrors all the amplifiers connected

I am bias but the IA20.1 is still one of the best 2.5k's on the market , there is no phase adjustment on the 20.1 the only time I have ever used the phase adjustment feature on a mono block amplifier is during the process of gain matching amplifiers, the Incriminator Audio IA 20.1 uses the mirror function that eliminates the need to gain match and phase alignment , as it syncs or mirrors all the amplifiers connected
So there is no need for a phase adjustment? The IA20.1 is still a high end amplifier? And is the "mirror link" feature different than just simply strapping amps together? I really really really like the way the internals are looking on the IA20.1. Looks more like a 3.5k on the inside. What's your bias on the company btw? Are you a dealer or something? Or has IA just never done you wrong. I'm thinking about goin with the 20.1 as long as the phase thing doesn't matter but I wanted to get my facts straight before I spend the $600 on it. Thanks.

I have been an IA dealer for 8 years and I compete with IA most of the time, the mirror feature is not the same as strapped there is no strap link and the amplifiers operate independently of each other, other than there input sections are linked together via the mirror

IA doesn't make budget or compromised amplifiers

No, there is not a specific reason for the phase adjustment, if the need ever arose it can be added very easily with a outboard EQ and most HU's with subwoofer control already have some version of a phase flip or adjustment as well

There are 3 generations of IA20.1's as well

1st gen - (surf board amplifiers) very popular with USACi crowd because of there favorable 4 ohm power rating and were very stable wired into very low impedance's and high voltage ( shared board with several different amplifiers )

2nd Gen - were 1/2 the physical size of the original very different layout still very underrated, much cleaner, still work in low impedance and high volt

3rd Gen (current) - larger both physically and power than previous Gen ,new Mirror feature, works better in lower impedance's than previous Gen, Higher operating voltage than previous Gen

Could have left some stuff out but that is just short and curly of it

I have been an IA dealer for 8 years and I compete with IA most of the time, the mirror feature is not the same as strapped there is no strap link and the amplifiers operate independently of each other, other than there input sections are linked together via the mirrorIA doesn't make budget or compromised amplifiers

No, there is not a specific reason for the phase adjustment, if the need ever arose it can be added very easily with a outboard EQ and most HU's with subwoofer control already have some version of a phase flip or adjustment as well

There are 3 generations of IA20.1's as well

1st gen - (surf board amplifiers) very popular with USACi crowd because of there favorable 4 ohm power rating and were very stable wired into very low impedance's and high voltage ( shared board with several different amplifiers )

2nd Gen - were 1/2 the physical size of the original very different layout still very underrated, much cleaner, still work in low impedance and high volt

3rd Gen (current) - larger both physically and power than previous Gen ,new Mirror feature, works better in lower impedance's than previous Gen, Higher operating voltage than previous Gen

Could have left some stuff out but that is just short and curly of it
Ok I am going to be running the IA20.1 on 14.4 volts.. Will I be happy? Also it's the current gem I would be buying. IA over DC you think then? DC is 14.4 volts only and cannot be used in 16 to 18v applications, however, as long as I get the rated 2400w @ 1 ohm at 14.4vi will be happy. Si the mirror feature means if I get another and connect them together I have to adjust both gains subsonic and LPF adjustments separately? That seems kinda redundant when you would want both the same and strapped the master controls everything... Wouldn't being able to strap them be better?

Wired @ 1ohm rising to 2.5ohm @ 12.8v you will see more than 2400 clean on a clamp,

I do not have any personal experience with the DC 2.0 so I will not add anything there

You can run the IA20.1 in master/mirror/ or strapped, set the first amplifier to master and each additional amplifier to mirror and the inputs are sync'd you only adjust the master amplifier

Wired @ 1ohm rising to 2.5ohm @ 12.8v you will see more than 2400 clean on a clamp,I do not have any personal experience with the DC 2.0 so I will not add anything there

You can run the IA20.1 in master/mirror/ or strapped, set the first amplifier to master and each additional amplifier to mirror and the inputs are sync'd you only adjust the master amplifier
Well I just purchased an IA20.1. I'm switching from an american bass vfl 120.1 so I hope I'll be happy with it. I've been hearing slot if bad things about american bass vfl amps lately in the sense that they aren't doing what they say they will, plus either way the IA20.1 is rated higher power. Now I just gotta wait for it to get here so I can see what it's all about!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.