solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
We have about 4cuft. to work with.

Enclosure is for 3 ten inch. subs.

Power: 400-600w RMS.

Still not sure on sealed or ported.

Narrowed it down between these two:

Input other suggestions (budget less than $120)

1.) Coustic US-CX10-04

XL20090428013025249.jpg

Specifications:

*Power handling: 225 watts RMS/675 watts peak

*Impedance: 4 ohms

*VCdia: 1-3/4"

*Frequency response: 37-150 Hz

*Magnet weight: 25 oz.

*Fs: 37 Hz

*SPL: 87.7 dB 1W/1m

*Vas: 1.42 cu. ft.

*Qts: 0.64

*Xmax: 9.5 mm

*Dimensions: A: 10.14", B: 9.17", C: 5.4".

Poly cone

Wide roll, dual layer urethane surround

Magnet cover

Extended pole piece

2.) Phoenix Gold V10S Ryval

263-908_L.jpg

Specifications: *Power handling: 150 watts RMS/600 watts peak *Impedance: 4 ohms

*VCdia: 1-1/2"

*Frequency response: 27-300 Hz

*Magnet weight: 40 oz.

*Fs: 33 Hz

*SPL: 86.6 dB 1W/1m

*Vas: 1.45 cu. ft.*Qts: 0.50

*Xmax: 7.7 mm

*Dimensions: A: 10.25", B: 9.3", C: 5".

Laminated treated paper cone

Triple layer, UV treated foam surround

Rigid powder coated steel frame

Optimized magnet/motor structure

Never heard of Coustic audio, But the specs look comparable and has a higher RMS than the PGs.

The frequency response scares me of the Coustic's.. I would choose the PG's any day over those coustics..
What scares you about it? They did like a lot of manufacturers and just listed the fs as the low spot of the frequency range.

OP, Coustic is made by the same father company(Mitek) that makes Xtant and MTX as well. The high qts of the Coustic should steer you away from using a ported box with them. The PG's should fair better in a ported alignment, and the Coustic should work better sealed(more efficient, higher xmax, higher qts, lower ebp). Although I haven't modeled them up yet, I'm just going off of my first impressions.

What scares you about it? They did like a lot of manufacturers and just listed the fs as the low spot of the frequency range.
OP, Coustic is made by the same father company(Mitek) that makes Xtant and MTX as well. The high qts of the Coustic should steer you away from using a ported box with them. The PG's should fair better in a ported alignment, and the Coustic should work better sealed(more efficient, higher xmax, higher qts, lower ebp). Although I haven't modeled them up yet, I'm just going off of my first impressions.
The Coustic only goes down to 37 Hz. Don't look at Fs, but at Frequency Range.

For the money you cannot go wrong with either or.

Just pick one that looks the best.

they are cheap entry level subs that will last you a year or 2 at the most.

For the money you cannot go wrong with either or.
Just pick one that looks the best.

they are cheap entry level subs that will last you a year or 2 at the most.
No one on this site goes more than a couple months without changing substages anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The Coustic only goes down to 37 Hz. Don't look at Fs, but at Frequency Range.
I'm just saying that the listed frequency range doesn't really mean much, since a lot of companies just put the sub's fs as the lowest point...obviously it'll play lower than 37hz, as any sub can reproduce basically anything below 100hz...it's just a matter of how it gets reproduced that matters. Unless you model it up you really can't tell for sure how it'll roll off in a sealed box.

No one on this site goes more than a couple months without changing substages anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I have had my 4 E8's since the first release of Woofercooker recones infact I think I got the first batch if not the ones right after. before his f/s thread was made on ca.com

"Re:Sundown 8" Drivers, Aug 25 2008, 10:56 AM "

Over a year now. So I guess I am the exception here.

here ya go....http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?FTR=Dayton+classic+subwoofer&search_type=main&WebPage_ID=3&searchFilter=Dayton+classic+subwoofer&x=0&y=0&utm_source=Parts-Express&utm_medium=Flash+Panel&utm_content=classic+oldBanner&utm_campaign=Home+Page+Flash+Panel

lol i've been in the CA scene since 07 main. This wouldn't be my stereo. Its for my friends minivan on a tight budget.

I ran a 12" SSAicon in 2.2cubes @ 32hz. A JBL1200.1 (1100rms) and 0gauge Knu Kollosus wiring. Then 7 car pile up and lost my car and had to sell of what was left.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

solidcrowd

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
solidcrowd
Buffalo, New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date