Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

crosjr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, FL
I currently own 2 PG RSD12s (dual 4), 1 Fi Q 12 w/BP (dual 2) and 1 IDmax 12 (dual 2). I have a sealed enclosure, about 1.4sq ft volume. I had the IDmax in that box in a little Hyundai Accent hatchback and it was perfect. Now I have moved to a Mazda 3 with a trunk and it is not near loud enough for me. Before I was limited by lack of trunk space, however now I have more room and can look at more options. I would like to use the subs I already own. They would be powered by an AQ1200.

So which configuration would you guys suggest for the max volume while keeping the sq of the subs? I honestly know barely anything about ported boxes, so if you vote for a ported option could you give me sq ft and port ideas?

I couldn't figure out how to edit the poll but please ignore the 2 PG ported option. No way will I have room for that box.

I couldn't figure out how to edit the poll but please ignore the 2 PG ported option. No way will I have room for that box.
nonsense. Go to the RE website and click on the box calculator. Then play with the dimensions and you can get an idea of how big you can go

nonsense. Go to the RE website and click on the box calculator. Then play with the dimensions and you can get an idea of how big you can go
RE calc can be very inaccurate...

OP if space is an issue when running ported you could try out aero ports

I'm not going to vote because the only woofer I've heard is the Fi Q, but I like the Q's a lot. Good blend of sound quality and loudness, imo. Whatever you go with, I would do it ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...