PG amp low power than protection mode?

twanked~ls
10+ year member

THE REGAWL
kentucky
i just noticed recently that my amp (phoenix gold 600.1 ) will give my subs full power for a while than go to about half power than it goes to protection mode where the light flashes. what is going on? all mysubwoofer wire connections are good. i havnt inspected the power/ground yet.

Sounds like it is either cutting off due to overheating. If something was wrong with the amp, causing it to go into protect mode, it would not come out of protect mode until you get it repaired. So there must not be anything wrong with it, it's probably overheating or your supply voltage from your cars electrical system is dropping too low.

it even goes into protection mode when i dont have the subwoofer in teh car/hooked up. so i know its not getting hot. and all my power and grounds are good.

somthing i forgot to add: IT ONLY GIVES ABOUT QUARRTER TO HALF POWER NOW> ALSO IT WILL SHUT OFF IF TURNED ON FOR A SET AMOUNT OF TIME!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.