Period correct head unit for my 1988 Toyota MR2

lgonzalez97

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone, I have a Supercharged 1988 Toyota MR2 that is the love of my life. Unfortunately, it came with a head unit from the 90's that can only play CDs and rather badly at that. I want to go full 80's and get a period correct cassette head unit, but trying to make sense of the inputs and outputs is getting confusing. When I looked at it for the first time, I noticed that one of the cables was unplugged, as there was no input on the head unit itself, so I think that's why I don't have any bass as the subwoofer is disconnected.

The head unit.

My current wiring harness.

The car.

If anyone could help me find a 12-pin head unit (cassette or not - I just want something that the black cable shown in the second picture can plug into), I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

that black din round cable is most likely from an old cd changer install and has nothing to do with your bass output. the other end is probably rucked away unplugged

Hi everyone, I have a Supercharged 1988 Toyota MR2 that is the love of my life. Unfortunately, it came with a head unit from the 90's that can only play CDs and rather badly at that. I want to go full 80's and get a period correct cassette head unit, but trying to make sense of the inputs and outputs is getting confusing. When I looked at it for the first time, I noticed that one of the cables was unplugged, as there was no input on the head unit itself, so I think that's why I don't have any bass as the subwoofer is disconnected.

View attachment 6010
The head unit.
View attachment 6009
My current wiring harness.
View attachment 6008
The car.

If anyone could help me find a 12-pin head unit (cassette or not - I just want something that the black cable shown in the second picture can plug into), I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.
I have a brand new 1988 radio for the Toyota mr2 somewhere at my house. Also have a front end bras thats for the 1988 MR2 never used. Mark52@cfl.rr.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...