Performance Teknique

apexi5
10+ year member

import racer
What do yall think about the Performance Teknique 12in aluminum coned subs? I used to have a pair, but sold them for a radio. Are they any good. they were in a bandpass box. This was about 4yrs ago, and by the way they handled 1000watts a piece. (they would take it to). How are those subs compared to any other one?

They're not too good. For the price they get decent loud, but not more than that really. SQ is pretty bad on 'em. They're the exact same as Volfenhags...and they won't handle 1kw for more than 30 seconds.

Yeah there weren't alot of real world 1000 watt subs 4 years ago, I seriously doubt PT made one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just outta curiousty how many of you actually heard the subs or just posted outta your ultimate knowledge? Let me say this: being an authroized dealer of Performance Teknique, I have had much experience with them. Its a good brand for what you pay for, for now. I have had 2 5712 ( the 1000 watt each woofer) in my car running off of a PT 2000w amp. Now is the amp 2000w? **** no its more like 700watts rms. The thing slammed hard to the point that the amp coulnd't handle it because there wasn't enough power. Hence 500w rms EACH WOOFER and the amp was 700rms. But ill say this, my rearview mirror of the my Toyota Avalon fell off at half gains. No bull ****.

Bottom Line: THERE ARE NEW BRANDS COMING UP. AS OF NOW PT IS CONSIDERED A SWAP MEET BRAND. BUT WHATS WRONG WITH THAT. AUDIOBHAN WAS ALSO AND OTHER BRANDS WERE IN THE BEGINNING. I'M NOT SAYING AUDIOBHAN IS GOOD, IT IS DECENT. YOUR NOT BORN TALL, SO PT ISN'T BORN FAMOUS. MY LAST WORDS ARE THAT I GURANTEE YOU THAT PT EVEN THOU IT IS CONSIDER LOW END, IT WILL RAPE: BOSS, PYLE, LEGACY, LANZAR AND EVEN SOME NAME BRANDS ON OCCASION.

Sorry for the rant but don't hate outta your butt unless you've heard or seen it.

Just outta curiousty how many of you actually heard the subs or just posted outta your ultimate knowledge? Let me say this: being an authroized dealer of Performance Teknique, I have had much experience with them. Its a good brand for what you pay for, for now. I have had 2 5712 ( the 1000 watt each woofer) in my car running off of a PT 2000w amp. Now is the amp 2000w? **** no its more like 700watts rms. The thing slammed hard to the point that the amp coulnd't handle it because there wasn't enough power. Hence 500w rms EACH WOOFER and the amp was 700rms. But ill say this, my rearview mirror of the my Toyota Avalon fell off at half gains. No bull ****.
Bottom Line: THERE ARE NEW BRANDS COMING UP. AS OF NOW PT IS CONSIDERED A SWAP MEET BRAND. BUT WHATS WRONG WITH THAT. AUDIOBHAN WAS ALSO AND OTHER BRANDS WERE IN THE BEGINNING. I'M NOT SAYING AUDIOBHAN IS GOOD, IT IS DECENT. YOUR NOT BORN TALL, SO PT ISN'T BORN FAMOUS. MY LAST WORDS ARE THAT I GURANTEE YOU THAT PT EVEN THOU IT IS CONSIDER LOW END, IT WILL RAPE: BOSS, PYLE, LEGACY, LANZAR AND EVEN SOME NAME BRANDS ON OCCASION.

Sorry for the rant but don't hate outta your butt unless you've heard or seen it.
If that was directed towards me, and obviously it was at least in part, let me point out that you in fact confirmed my only point, that they weren't real 1000 watt woofers. Kind of touchy eh?

Actually I did put real 1000watts to them and they did slam, but I was just asking how people thought they were. but tribalsounds, are yours the aluminum or balck ones. sorry I forgot the name of them.

Performance Teknique = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

Will they be good in 10 years? Are they up and coming? Who know and who cares. It doesn't pertain to the question of how good they currently are. Born tall or not, they currently are not very good.

Actually I did put real 1000watts to them and they did slam, but I was just asking how people thought they were. but tribalsounds, are yours the aluminum or balck ones. sorry I forgot the name of them.
if you did put 1000 watts and they slammed good why the hell you asking us what we think? of course a dealer is gonna say there great, since he needs to make sales.

if you did put 1000 watts and they slammed good why the hell you asking us what we think? of course a dealer is gonna say there great, since he needs to make sales.
Hey,hey,hey, now I just asked wat yall would think, yes they sounded good, and yes in 10 years they PROBALLY be a known well compnay, but I was just wondering how yall thought they were, cause yall have alot of knowledge about subs, compared to my very little. I was just seeing what I thought was loud, but it seems there is alot louder out there. But i have to say my SX out hits them easily.

If that was directed towards me, and obviously it was at least in part, let me point out that you in fact confirmed my only point, that they weren't real 1000 watt woofers. Kind of touchy eh?

Nice post audioholict . Shows how much you know dumb ****. how the hell did i prove your point . it is a 1000 watt peak woofer w/ 500 rms. its as reall as you can get, it claims 1000 watts and it is, like the guy said he put 1000 to it. unless your noob mind of yours is thinking that its is 1000 rms you have a lot to learn lmao. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

A 1000 watt woofer that in reality is a 500 watt woofer. Peak power means jack ****. But that's just the logic I would expect from a dealer of such a fine product. If you'd bothered to understand my point, it was that the woofer doesn't handle 1000 watts RMS, as not many did 4 years ago. You then said yours is a 1000 watt peaks (500 RMS) sub. If that didn't prove my point, I dont know what does. Now, can you follow that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Listen they are cheap subwoofers for people on cheap budgets. Your definition from 'slam', I am sure, differs greatly from my defintion from 'slam'. Unfortunatly most the people here are only caught on the sheer loudness of a driver and never take time to learn the mechanics behind it all. There is a reason people **** on Performance Techniques, because they are cheep drivers, designed cheeply with cheap materials.

Lastly I highly doubt in anyway that PT is going to make a serious dent in any car audio department except swap meets ever, or at very least anytime soon. Audiobahn came into the market with subs that took a decent amount of power, put out a decent amount of SPL and were fairly cheep, a great combo for the teen bumper market. Their design quality has improved and are more accepted by the enthusiest group. Regardless anyone who has 3-4 years in this knows that for the price Audiobahns really aren't worth it because as SPL drivers they don't have enough and they'll never be an SQ sub. They came in with a much more prominent base that PT had or has. Audiobahn has greatly diversified it's elecronic componet line using quality buildhouses, which has also up'd their overall image. Their amps, albeit overpriced IMO, are pretty nice. That is another market PT has failed to capture because their amps are prone to premature failure, misleading power ratings, and cheep components.

In comparison PT is that of Volfenhag, Boss...ect. They will forever be a swap meet quality driver. If you like them them, thats fine, you are perfectly allowed too...so keep doing it.

As old and retorical as it sounds, a good install can often make up for shitty components.

pt is crap yet so many people run their amps with decent subs around here and they're not half bad sometimes. my friend is running his 3 w3's off a pt that gets d@mn loud. another guy i know is running 3 type r's (pretty much teh same setup) and it too gets loud. but, my friend's 3 kicker comps sound terrible....cuz they're comps lol

Hence 500w rms EACH WOOFER and the amp was 700rms

Can you not read you stupid dumb ****. I clearly stated that each woofer was 500 rms. thats a no brainer. dont be fooled just because i sell **** dont mean i know whats up. as the other guy stated its not currentley good, decent, for NOW. NO ONE WAS EVER TALKING ABOUT 1000 RMS. and those woofers i agree are nowhere close to 1000rms. im not trying to advertise for PT. I also have the tyical stuff also: kicker, mtx, fosgate, kenwood, pioneer. MY POINT POEPLE HATE ON PT OUTTA SHEER IGNORANCE. YES MOST OF IT IS **** BUT, THERE ARE SOME DECENT PRODUCTS FROM THIER LINE. AND TO SAY A DUMB STATMENTS PISSES ME OFF.

for example here is a list of a PT 1200 amp and what is has pushed. ( the best amp PT makes regardless off the CLAIMED higher power rated amps)

1. 2 jl audio W3s

2. 3 jl audio W3s

3. 2 jl audio W6s

4 3 jl audio W6s

5. 2 sony 1200w only on one channel

6. 4 sony 1200w sub

7. 3 PPI subwoofers, the guy said he popped 1 or 2 of them

Again this is no bs I would be a fool to lie. Also im not saying that the sony 1200watts are good. And ighettoboy has also seen this.

^^ duh in oc everyones running the mainstream and/or swap meet stuff. everyone and their grandma has a pt amp around here. but dont go naming the subs you powered it really doesn't mean anything to anyone here, the point of my post was just that pt's are probably no better or worse than say..my profile ahha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.