Parts Validation (need second opinion)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justintoxicated
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi I finaly found some subs that I think will work very well in my Tita King Cab. I beleive for a downfiring box I'm pretty limited to a max mounting depth of 5.75 inches. The seats cannot be lifted up (unless you want to fabricate alot of parts and possibly weld onto the frame, or cut out the back wall) due to the way the titans rear seats are designed (back folds down, seat folds up)...

I was actualy getting some great advice from Scott at Fi (Props to Scott for excelent service and taking time to answer my concerns) Unfortunately it does not look I can easily fit a Fi Q 10" without having to build a forward firing box that would stick out from the seat (already limited leg room). But he was very honest and spent the time with me to try and get a Fi-Q to work. I'd rather be putting in a Fi Q 10" for sure but I'm thinking to settle for an Arsenal.

Arsenal 10"

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arsenal10specs.html

(5.75 inches mounting depth)

DLS Amp (or other recomendations would be great)

http://www.dls.se/english/fstark/a6n.htm

A6 Class A/B

Output power in 4 ohm : 500 W

Output power in 2 ohm : 870 W

Output power in 1 ohm : 1200 W

And a box like this one

http://subbox.net/store/product.php?productid=113&cat=43&page=1

made of only 5/8th inch MDF though.

Now I'm thinking to get only one sub to start and if it is not loud enough I could add another under the other rear seat. (will require a new alternator as well)

Questions

I may try to build a box myself but how bad would it be if I had to use 5/8th (rather than 3/4th inch) MDF on the back of the box to get the mounting depth needed?

So is this a good setup? Is the SQ on these subs anything like a W6 or Fi Q?

The only other thing I was looking at was getting Assasin/s instead as they are 4 ohms and would work with my existing amplifier and would save me some cash.. (is it worth having to buy a new amp to go with the Arsenal instead?)

existing amp sitting in a drawer is a

Hifonics Zeuse (600x1 @ 4 ohm, 300x2@ 2 ohms, 150x2 @ 4ohms)

Thanks for any advice or comments !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.