Panasonic Head Units?

seg_representin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
Does panasonic make nice headunits? I'm gettin a new head unit and i was wondering what i should i should get. I can get deals on the panasonics so i was thinkin i could go that route. Or i was gonna get an eclispe cd3100 or i could get one of the nicest models of the panasonics. What do you guys think?

i like panasonic higher end models personally. i'd get one, especially if getting a good deal on one.

panasonic is good, and if ur gettina deal even better, a local shop not too far from me has left a higher end panasonic HU on for 2 years now as a display model (along with some Infinity speakers) and its still going, graphics and features still lookin and workin good, the owner is tryin to see how long it lasts, he just leaves it on even after hours that bad boy just keeps going!

im a pioneer HU guy but if i got a good deal on a Panasonic especially a high end or mid-level one id get one!

Ok my experience with panasonic decks is not good. When I first got it, it was relatively cheap the design was great and it worked real well but overtime the removable face plate would short out when you hit a button and after that the disks started skipping real bad. When their was a bump or if the sub hit hard it would screw it up. This was a middle end deck so maybe that was it, but I would encourage you to get a waranty though just in case.

I was thinking on something like the CQ-CB8901U but i gotta check on what kinda deal i can get on it. I think i can get if for like 207 but i'm not sure. I gotta give my friend a call tomorrow. I was also lookin at the CQ-C8803U but i'm not sure what i wanna get. What do you guys think?

I'm looking at HUs right now, the Panasonics look good except for one thing I can't get a solid answer for. In order to run Sat radio and an i-pod it looks like I'll have to get the expansion module,

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NnKC8KIWlrG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=133CYEM100

which runs the price way up. Can any Panasonic gurus confirm or deny this?? If what I'm thinking is true then it's a deal breaker for me, unless the expansion unit is added to the HU for free. Why pay $100+ more than, say a Pio 690..

Looks like i can get the eclipse cd3100 and the panasonic CQ-C8803U for about the same price. What do you think i should get? I think the panasonic has more features on it and a better display. But which head unit should i get?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.