Painting my box

how a box should come out after filling the edges etc. this is for Sir Pay, a customer of mine.

0404111317.jpg

^ that's you do it right there....looks good

resin is a pita to get completely smooth to where it won't look like ***

Shoulda just filled the edges and used a couple coats of good quality primer

I was thinking of bondo but at this point I not sure if it will do. What about fiber glass resin?
You can use resin to seal the edges, this will allow anything you use as filler to adhere to the side of the mdf. Unless you seal the wood first it will release from the wood and you will have lots of paint issues. You can also use superglue(i like 2 part) and a bondo spreader to get a even coat. After you seal the edges of the wood you will be good to go with bondo, duraglass, slicksand, etc. Hope this helps in the future.

After the disaster when the box fell over I almost gave it up. Hell, didn't I have much to loose so I went for a layer of bed-liner with a roller.

The results were better than I expected

29w5seg.jpg

2e2mpg0.jpg

e96yww.jpg

2qu2n2p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.