Paging Audio Wizs - Need Suggestions on Speakers and an Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

PRoJeKV6
10+ year member

I Need A Freakin' Pic
Sorry for being a n00b, but you've gotta start somewhere right?

Alright, so after speaking with member Eugenics (GREAT HELP!), it turns out my system blows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I thought it sounded pretty **** good, but I know it can sound a helluva lot better.

I currently have a Rockford Fosgate 301S powering 4 "100RMS" speakers (2 Beyma, 2 Generic). The quotations are there because they're probably more like 10RMS speakers.

I had Coax. MA Audio speakers in the back, but somehow they blew and oozed white stuff all over the speakers. I never had tweets in the front because I ran out of money and had been afraid to get another pair of coaxs, but I've been told not to worry this time.

Well I've been recommended these:

Pioneer TS-D161R

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...1756456,00.html

(On ebay for around $70)

But I want some more suggestions on a 6.5 Coax set for front and rear (yes I know rears aren't necessary) and an amp that'll push the speakers hard.

LMK guys.

(BTW Here's my car: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184003)

Thank you!

-Joseph

For the price, the Pioneer REV-series are hard to beat, But while you're at it, look into the Focal Access coaxial. A bit pricier, but they sound clearer too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.