Packaging subwoofer boxes for shipment?

Participant count
  • Participant list

psych0ticnemes1
5,000+ posts

Psych0tic Customs
Behind You
How do you guys package subwoofer boxes for shipment?

I've had really good luck for a while simply using two layers of cardboard, but lately FedEx has gone kung fu on my shipments. Do you guys have any tips? Should I double up on all the edges as well? I'm almost convinced if their throwing these boxes around will nilly it doesn't much matter what I do.

Thanks.

Invest in the correct style packaging foam. With out using the correct packaging methods you will not be able to utilize the insurance/claim policies from any logistical companies. Basically, if you do not package according to the guidelines they set forth, you will be shipping with out any kind of insurance or promise the enclosures will arrive as they left(or at all).

if i had to say anything about the way you packaged it was awesome and shouldn't have gotten broke but looking now i think they would've been safer if you had supported the heavy magnets... cuz i think they broke from being tossed around but by their own weight... as the boxes were mint when arrived...

Invest in the correct style packaging foam. With out using the correct packaging methods you will not be able to utilize the insurance/claim policies from any logistical companies. Basically, if you do not package according to the guidelines they set forth, you will be shipping with out any kind of insurance or promise the enclosures will arrive as they left(or at all).
Thanks, I didn't even think of wrapping them in rigid foam. I'll be doing that going forward.

if i had to say anything about the way you packaged it was awesome and shouldn't have gotten broke but looking now i think they would've been safer if you had supported the heavy magnets... cuz i think they broke from being tossed around but by their own weight... as the boxes were mint when arrived...
You're right. I didn't even think about it that way. I thought wooden crates were substantial. Your refund will be coming shortly brother.

How do you guys package subwoofer boxes for shipment?
I've had really good luck for a while simply using two layers of cardboard, but lately FedEx has gone kung fu on my shipments. Do you guys have any tips? Should I double up on all the edges as well? I'm almost convinced if their throwing these boxes around will nilly it doesn't much matter what I do.

Thanks.
I package mine really well you can ask anyone who has purchased a sub from me on here. It's pretty simple I just use foam that I get from my place of employment and cut shave out it for the magnet and for the top so that it would be secure in the box when I ship it and plus I put either newspaper or peanuts to make it even more secure

You're right. I didn't even think about it that way. I thought wooden crates were substantial. Your refund will be coming shortly brother.

i know... lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.