Overheating MB Quart OA800.4 kicking into protect mode

Thescher

I have a MB Quart OA800.4 wired to 2- 6x9s (Kenwood) & 2-6.5 Kicker wired correctly with 12 ga speaker wire. Power wire is 4ga & have had the amp in numerous locations, one being on the outside of my sub box & it's overheating even without really pushing it. The amp now is in a storage area in the cargo space in the rear of an Exterra. Have 2 12v fans in the area pushing & pulling air across the tops of both amps back there. Got a Boss class D 2400 pushing my factory 8" sub under the seat sub & run in parrellel with a 12" Kicker sub, sitting right next to it running cool as a cucumber! Pushing fan blows in across the MB Quart & pulling fan pulls out across the Boss which is getting the warmer of the air between the 2. Which is really kind of a moot point as I said I have had it on the outside of the sub box & it made no difference. Although at that time I thought I possibly could've had an Ohm mismatch as I spliced into the factory speaker wiring. Not now though. Correct & direct wiring. I did read one review that said those amps run kind of hot. The other thing is I am splicing eight gauge off the 4 Ga to supply power to the boss amp.

put a dmm to the speakers and see where they are resting. also reference to ground to make sure things arent grounding out. what kind of deck are you running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.