• Participant list

Sandeep Dhar

CarAudio.com Newbie
RECENTLY INSTALLED AN OLD CERWIN VEGA TO MY VW POLO,
HEADUNIT : PIONEER
COMPONENT : INIFINITY PRIMUS 60W
REAR: COAXIAL ROCKFORD FOSGATE PRIME
WOOFER : P1 ROCKFORD FOSGATE

SADLY THE AMP STARTED OVERHEATING WITH EVEN 30 MIN OF PLAY TIME, UPTO 55 -60 DEGREE CELSIUS,
WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAD SIMILAR ISSUE, MOFSET CHIPSET CAUSED THE OVERHEATING ?
WIRING ETC WAS DONE PROFESSIONALLY.

55 -60 DEGREE CELSIUS,
That seems a bit high, but that amp is class A/B so if it is mounted somewhere with poor air circulation or where it has the sun heating it up those old style amps can get very hot. Best you can do is mount it somewhere where it will have plenty of open air around it. Even the most primitive car amplifiers do have protection circuits which will turn them off if temperature goes higher than the parts can tolerate.

Hello Anthony

No actually. My sub is the only speaker connected to the amp, the amp is installed below the passenger front seat, I even have raised to let air blow out over the carpet and added an extra fan, to let cool air in with a rack.
Unfortunately nothing seems helping, now I am considering to buy a new amp as heating isnt something I like

Any recommendations which amp would be good for this configuration. ??

Thanks in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...