Amp tuning PLEASE HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dad-illacFLA

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello. This is my first post. I'm hoping to find more knowledge than I am going to youtube college. I need help setting my gain, subsonic, lpf, and bass boost on my wolfram 2400w monoblock. It's feeding two 12" kicker CVR12's that are wired in parallel down to a final 2ohm load. Im trying to find that happy place where my subs are sufficiently fed, but dont distort. I am purchasing a multimeter to try and set my gain that way. I watched a few informative videos on using rms times load and getting the square rt of that number as the volts to set gain with. Is this safe? Yes i will unhook the speakers. Looking for guidance here.

Thats a big amp for those speakers
Your sound like you have it down
400 watts x 2 speakers x 2ohms = 1600
Square root of that is 40
40 volts AC
You will need a 40 hz test track
I got mine from the shop I deal with but I'm sure you can download one somewhere or maybe someone here will be nice enough to share one
Make sure the meter is set to AC and yes unplug your speakers or at least one lead from them
Set your HU volume at 75-80%
Turn everything on the amp down to zero before you start and then once you have the gain set correctly you can set the crossover and boost by ear
It usually takes me a couple days of making minor corrections before it's where I like it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...