Overdriving and damaging speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

BDAKiwi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all
I have an ongoing issue where I'm overdriving my front component speakers, melting either the crossovers or the speakers or both. I have set the gains back on the amp using a guide written by Buck Pomerantz from Crutchfield but I'm trying to get a decent volume so I keep pushing it up.
I'm running a Soundstream Van Gough 800.2 amplifier to 4 ohm Precision Pro 356CS components.
The speakers are awesome for sound quality but I'm looking for suggestions on 2 or 3 way speakers that will handle more power than the 356CS speakers can
Cheers
Charlie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Target voltage is 31.6. I left at like 30 or 28. Might have to tune it more down. Only running one 2ohm+2ohm dvc 10"s- series alpine. I think i...
The HU us likley 12-15 x 4 at best so yes, using an amp will be hugely beneficial, night and day. The HU us not going to drive a sub to any...
Yep, that will mark the third iteration of teh X series. i figured that was in the loop as they have been running out of stock on the last...
It may be that they act like this because they are underpowered and the push to play them louder is causing the amp to clip the signal, which will...
what ^ said. amp gain setting info, test tones are at the very bottom...

About this thread

BDAKiwi

CarAudio.com Newbie
BDAKiwi
New Zealand
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from