Out With Old, In With New! What New?

thewoahna
10+ year member

I have done much cearching over the weekend and have limited my choices. I know that I want a JBL 600.1 Amp. Now the Subs are what I still am not sure about. I am stuck between a pair of Shivas, a pair of 12" Alpine Type R's, or a pair of JL 12w3's. I just have a couple more questions...

1) From what I understand, the Shivas are 300 watts RMS. With these subs being 8 Ohm DVC, can I run them at 2 Ohms?

2) If I am to get Type R's I am going to have to run them at 1 Ohm (they are 4 Ohm DVC subs). I am afraid that this will not be as healthy for my amp. Will the JBL 600.1 amp be OK running a 1 Ohm load during my 3 hours of driving a do per day?

3) I currently have a Jensen 600 watt amp (2x200 RMS at 4 Ohm Bridged) running a pair of American Bass XL-10 (150 RMS each) subs, in a ported box. Which pair of subs on this JBL 600.1 amp would best destroy the setup I currently have when put in a sealed box (between 1.2 - 1.5 air space)?

Thanks for your help!

get a JL 1200.1 and do the w3's on them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

think you could get those stable at 1 ohm

1) From what I understand, the Shivas are 300 watts RMS. With these subs being 8 Ohm DVC, can I run them at 2 Ohms?
The lowest impedence you could run one Shiva at is 4 Ohms, you could run a pair @ 2 Ohms

2) If I am to get Type R's I am going to have to run them at 1 Ohm (they are 4 Ohm DVC subs). I am afraid that this will not be as healthy for my amp. Will the JBL 600.1 amp be OK running a 1 Ohm load during my 3 hours of driving a do per day?
Wired in parallel you could get a load of 2 ohms from one R type, but from the way it sound, you have more than one. A pair could be run at 1 ohm, and I've heard from many people that the JBL amps run very similar at 1 and 2 ohms, so basically you will be fine.

3) I currently have a Jensen 600 watt amp (2x200 RMS at 4 Ohm Bridged) running a pair of American Bass XL-10 (150 RMS each) subs, in a ported box. Which pair of subs on this JBL 600.1 amp would best destroy the setup I currently have when put in a sealed box (between 1.2 - 1.5 air space)?
YES!:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.