Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if this will work.

MyNameIsHere

CarAudio.com Regular
USA

Do not do that. You are basically putting the negative and positive together. Red and black wires are the only correct ones. That gives a final impedance of 1ohm. Leave out the blue wire.

Do not do that. You are basically putting the negative and positive together. Red and black wires are the only correct ones. That gives a final impedance of 1ohm. Leave out the blue wire.

And what if he wanted 4ohm? That is the correct way to run a pair of dual 4 ohm subs in series/parallel for a 4ohm final load.

Connecting all the positive and negatives together will net you 1ohm.

You can also connect both positives and negatives together at each speaker wiring the sub down to 2 ohm and then connect 1 positive pair to 1 negative pair and then connect the remaining positive and negative to the amp for a 4ohm final load. thats my preferred way to wire up to 4 ohm.

The op doesn't give any end goals but if he is bridging an amp 4ohm is likely as low as he can go

It was for if i ever wanted to buy a dayton sa1000 and hook up my dvc 4ohm subs.

Now would I ever buy it, I don't know. And if I did, it wouldn't be for 10+ years, simply because I would need a house.

And what if he wanted 4ohm? That is the correct way to run a pair of dual 4 ohm subs in series/parallel for a 4ohm final load.
You are right. I just think running one sub per channel at 2ohms is better than bridging a 2 channel amp. Why? No idea, just feels like less stress on the amp.
LOL....WTF r u talking about, still giving your expert advice on here i see.....do you not know how to wire multiple subs?? haha
Actually, yes. I could not make out the diagram clearly and said fuggit, I am not erasing that. Let smoothie poke his little head up to watch him spew bile once more. Poor creature, we must help him along that he may rid himself of pus before it poisons him.

It was for if i ever wanted to buy a dayton sa1000 and hook up my dvc 4ohm subs.

Now would I ever buy it, I don't know. And if I did, it wouldn't be for 10+ years, simply because I would need a house.
Said amp puts out 950 watts rms at 4 ohms, so if I did buy it, it could power my 400 watt each, dual 12 sub box.

I don't think it would be safe to run 2 ohms on a 8 or 4 ohm amp.

You are right. I just think running one sub per channel at 2ohms is better than bridging a 2 channel amp. Why? No idea, just feels like less stress on the amp.
Actually, yes. I could not make out the diagram clearly and said fuggit, I am not erasing that. Let smoothie poke his little head up to watch him spew bile once more. Poor creature, we must help him along that he may rid himself of pus before it poisons him.
What about the diagram infers a rwo channel amp? Just say you were wrong; it happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...