Other options for great sounding front speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

vic6239
10+ year member

Well I added a sub awhile ago (VERY HAPPPY WITH, made a hug difference in my listening experience) and recently I installed Kenwoods kfc-hqr601 in the front. The problem is, I don't think I'm totally sold on the kenwoods. The higher frequencys sound flater and quiter than the stock speakers. When I put the stock head unit's bass and treble all the way up it sounds pretty good, but I don't want them all the way up all the time. Can you guys suggest better speakers that have crisp higher tones, but also good bass to round it all out.

By the way I have a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan

Thanks

You might think of getting an aftermarket headunit.

The sound quality will be much better than the old stock H/U.

Even with the factory speakers a new H/U will improve sound quality.

Many offer HP x-overs to help protect your speakers.

A newer H/U will offer you many adjustments to improve your sound.

Looking for 6 1/2, price range - no more than 200 for a pair

Yeah I'll be looking for a headunit soon, but I haven't found any I like. I hate it that all of the headunits available are smaller than the stock , smaller buttons, none seem like it would fit with my car the way I'd like it to. I like alpines, but thats too expensive now so were working on the front speakers cause the stock began to sound blown

the reason they dont sound better than the stock speakers is because the stocks were made to sound decent with whatever the stock headunit's amp puts out (not alot of watts). Aftermarket speakers need more power, but will sound ALOT better than those stocks. If you get an aftermarket headunit, the internal amp will put out alot more watts than the stock headunit and make those speakers sound a whole lot better. or you could amp the speakers and keep ur stock headunit.

wow i just said "stock" alot.

Great reply Tek, thanks for that enlightenment. Never really thought of it, but makes total sense.

Next questions since we know I don't really like the available head units or can't afford the one I like, would it be practicle to have an amp to those speakers? Where would I place it? Would it be too much wiring and taking apart the car to have it all hidden? Or should I just wait it out and save money for a new head unit, then again one of the alpine headunits I was looking at needs it's own amp.

Any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.