OT: SAT Scores

Im not tryint to start any fights or be disrespectful but there is no chance you guys all got 1300s and 1400s. Those scores are very rare. The average is 1000. Most of my friends and I got between 1200 and 1300. !400 is f***ing genius

once again...1400 is not really for only geniouses, I have a friend that got a 1410 when he was in 8th grade, and a few more that have scored over 1400 this year (juniour year)...I am planning on scoring at least 1400 when i take it next month

The average is much closer to 1000 than it is to 1400, personally I took the PSAT in 9th, got a 1270, sat in 10th got a 1350, sat in 11th got a 1400, act I got a 30. I'm kinda agreeing w/the other guy who said that there can't be that many 14-1500's, I'll take a picture of my score sheet if anyone's that demanding

Where did or are you guys all planning to go to college? Have you picked a major yet? Let me know, I'm interested in what the rest of you guys are planning for after high school or college. Thanks.

Originally posted by saltyjesus Im not tryint to start any fights or be disrespectful but there is no chance you guys all got 1300s and 1400s. Those scores are very rare. The average is 1000. Most of my friends and I got between 1200 and 1300. !400 is f***ing genius.
No f***ing genius is 1600. There was a kid at our school last year, (he graduated), who got a 1590 or something, then retook it and got a 1600. that, my friend, is f***ing genius.

heh my friend's cousin got a 1600.

Personally my best so far is a 1150. Taking another PSAT tomorrow (11th grade)

wish me luck lol, hoping for a 1225

I was reading this post and an interesting thought came to mind: The great majority of the people on this forum seem to be extremely intelligent judging by their replies and their test scores. So then why is it that us "bassheads" have the reputation of being the idiots who drive through neighborhoods at 2 am and try to make ourselves and others deaf? I think it is a sad situation that most of us are intelligent individuals and the small minority of idiots give us this stereotype. (FYI i scored a 31 on the ACT and forgot my calculator...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif duh)

just something i thought id point out,

Dustin

Originally posted by thumpinblazr I was reading this post and an interesting thought came to mind: The great majority of the people on this forum seem to be extremely intelligent judging by their replies and their test scores. So then why is it that us "bassheads" have the reputation of being the idiots who drive through neighborhoods at 2 am and try to make ourselves and others deaf? I think it is a sad situation that most of us are intelligent individuals and the small minority of idiots give us this stereotype. (FYI i scored a 31 on the ACT and forgot my calculator...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif duh)

just something i thought id point out,

Dustin
Good observation...

I'm not the smartest one here but not even I play mine that loud especially at nyte in residential areas. On rural roads and on the highway yes cranked is there.

J

Agreed, 1350-1500 is doing extremely well and will get you in almost anywhere. 1500+ is spectactular, and for the rare 1600's, holy crap! Personally, I think if I spent less time on sports, car audio, girls, and computers, and became a geek and studied 24/7 I could score much higher than my ACT score of 30, but whats the fun in that???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

im not gonna lie i took my sats for the first time last year (my jr year.) and scored a 940...mind you i didnt have a calculator and i just took them on sat. and im hoping i did a lot better...though im not sure the math this time seemed a lot harder...but anyway around my area anything over 1000 is considered smart....i mean my school is not that great educational wise...but sports my god noone can touch us....just my input

SWISS

I got a 1310 on my SAT and only took it once. My ACT was 28 and that as my second try. Finally, my GPA was 4.20 end of senior year HS weighted and like 3.60 unweighted. Never got anything higher than a 3 on all 4 of the AP tests I took.

The SAT and ACT have hidden buffers in them too with the scoring. By filling out your name and all that other crap, they give you like 300-500 points(never remembered the exact figure). I knew for a fact many people who scored in the 1400s and others who fell asleep during the test. Usually the most analytical people do the best with these tests because small mistakes are what messes most people up. Simple adding/subtracting errors account for the majority of the missed problems on the math section.

But since these tests are more uniform than the grading and teaching practices at most schools, they will continue to be around. Just wait another few years when the SAT people are going to add a essay to the test, then it will be real fun to take then. Subjective testing was never one of the things I like; I was always one for the harder sciences(math, science, etc.) though I am actually better at the soft sciences.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ah my favorite test the SAT I pulled a glorious 960, only took it once, I took it after a long night of Drinking and Hard Drugs. Never took a PSAT never took the SAT prep class. But now Im sitting in Geneseo State which is NY's Top state school

"U.S. News and World Report has rated Geneseo first among public universities in the north, and the New York Times calls Geneseo "one of the nation's most selective, highly regarded public colleges."

SAT's mean nothing...

i dont think the SAT's are that bad, i got a 1460 on them and most of my friends got in the 1200-1300 range. I dont really see why kids study for them though, the math is mostly logic problems and there are so many freakin words that its almost pointless to try to study them. I'm working on applying to colleges now, the main two I would like to go to are University of Maryland and Penn State... did anyone here go to either of them? Let me know how they are if you did

I think SAT's are given so college examiners can look @ one score to see how well we did and then decide what "bracket" to place us inh/ Then they look @ each bracket by what we did ands how well we did it, and so on and so forth. Its just a Jordan theory.

J

Originally posted by Alphafrog1 i got a 1450 on the SAT...

By the way the PSAT isn't scored on the same scale as the SAT, the highest is 99 i beleive...it is weird
thats wrong its still scored the same, i just took the psat on tuesday, but i dont think i did so good:(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RangerMan

Premium Member
Premium Member
RangerMan
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date