Can It Be Done!!?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jester73440
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
chicago
Ok heres my task I got a guy that blew me outta the water the last time i went to a compition. I have a audiobahn 1500x nothing speacial i got a harrison labs 800 watt amp pushing it . i hit 141.5 not bad but my friend with 4 12" jdl dr.pops getting pushed by a zeus hifonics amp not sure what the power is i think like 1000watts. Well he it 147.3 just killed me. now i want to get back at him mostly because i did everything my self when he paid for a place to do his. my plan is a 15" brahma then getting a 2nd HL amp and putting 1600 watts rms to it. he has a SUV so his is more open i have mine in the trunk so he was that advantage. but do you think the brahma can do it ? please i really respect your opinions so post what you think

w/ a large enough enclosure and the right port.....its possible to beat him....i would probably go w/ 2 brahmas tho.....and possible 2 jbl1200.1's if you got the charging system to do it....

147.3 in an suv isn't that good considering he has 4 12"s honestly it isn't in my opinion. i know i did a 148.4 with a single 15 ported L5 only getting 750rms 1000watts max so it can be done easily if you ask me. i'd say why not go with an L5 or DD sub instead of a brahma??? oh and i agree the 1200.1 sounds better choice than the HL, HL overrates.

adam

well i should have mentioned that i wanna keep it in a sealed box and sq is still a factor he hit 147.3 like a big fart it sounded like **** so with sq in mind that is why i considered the brahma and getting a 2nd 15" isn't my thing i like the 1 15" set up for now will prolly change in the future but that what i'm going for

my car still sounded rather good in my personal opinion. i think it sounded good and all the people i know that heard it last night almost **** a brick when they saw the # i put out with it. L5's aren't the dirty SPL subs everyone says they are not IMO anyway. oh and things have been good around here just school and g/f been keepin me busy.

adam

I know da feeling of a GF and school keeping one busy. Both them do that to me too. Hopefully school is gonna slow down so I can work more, get more money and buy something else for a competiton vehicle. This way I can sink all my money into that and compete locally. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D And I thought HL was really ****ing awsome!!?

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.